lookingintx

Feb 12, 2006
Does anyone know if i can do a tank and seat swap on a 1995 WR250? Maybe the 96-01 YZ seat and tanks? I just want to get some of this bulky old stuff off this bike. Thanks

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I am pretty certain a 96' seat/tank will not be a direct swap onto a 95 YZ or WR, the frames are quite different. I think, but am not 100% sure that a 93-95 YZ250 seat and tank would be a direct swap.

good luck

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
bikepilot said:
I am pretty certain a 96' seat/tank will not be a direct swap onto a 95 YZ or WR, the frames are quite different. I think, but am not 100% sure that a 93-95 YZ250 seat and tank would be a direct swap.

good luck

The 93-95 YZ seat and tank will fit. 100% sure of this.

The only problem with this is you lose fuel capacity, so if you need the bigger capacity, it could be a bad move to put on the smaller tank. If you need a big tank, but want better ergonomics, maybe you can still find something aftermarket that will fit without being so ergonomically offensive? It was the biggest gripe about those bikes at the time, was that Yamaha couldn't have screwed the ergonomics of the WR up much more so easily as with that bulbous fuel tank. The RMX and E/XC were much more friendly, with the same fuel capacity. The WR also had a more abrupt powerband than the other 250 enduros at the time, which turned some off.

lookingintx

Feb 12, 2006
Well i love the bike so far, the powerband feels great and the suspension is good. My only gripe is the bulky tank and seat. So if anyone has one for a YZ please contact me. Thanks

Top Bottom