Nath

Jun 28, 2003
Rode my new husky yesterday @ Yarra Glen (Melbourne)

I was riding with:
03 501 berg
01 250 wr250 husky
04 450exe ktm

The TE450 was definately the leader in the pack, in regards to power & delivary, handeling and ergo's. With these attributing to speed.

The berg and ktm guys have deposits on a new husky (no joke).

The bike was very easy to start in the morning, 3 pumps of the accelarator, choke on, and vrrrrmmm.

I stalled the bike a couple of times, once on a hill and another in the tight and twisties where all of a sudden, "POP". I am putting this down to high compression.

Will finish this later

Arrrz

Sep 23, 2003
This is very interesting,

Have you ridden your friends Husaberg and the KTM, if so what do you feel makes the Husky so much better? Where do you feel it is the faster machine? the tight stuff or the open tracks?

The bike must be pretty good if the other guys are trading in brand new bikes!

borri

Sep 28, 2003
Boys, boys what an interesting little bit of gamesmanship.I did not know the husky 450 was even in existence let alone being quite that capable out of the crate on the maiden voyage. Greeny must have something up his sleeve to make it that good so as to beat a bike such as that crossbreed Husaberg/KTM 501. I definitely have to see this bike!!!
Rubicon 05.10.03.

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
Went riding to Gembrooke on the weekend. Terrain ranged from open hard packed sand to red sloshy clay. I was riding with 2 other bikes, xr400 and new wr450. In the open sand trails, the husky was awesome. There were a few wash outs that i didnt see and I hit hit going very fast. Seemed to soak it up well, my legs were all over the shop.

The guy on the wr, wasnt that confortable on his newe bike but kept a pritty mean pace with only 1 accident. This was done on a hill while pushing a tree branch out the way with his bike. Eventually the branch flung him back, bike and all. Really funny to watch.

On the road, the husky was faster than the wr. I cought up and passed the wr at about 120km/h and continued up to 134 showering the wr in rocks and crap. He recons we werent racing, bull ****.

XR400, this guy really knows how to ride and is completely fearless :). We would stop at a top of a hill and he would head back down it to play. Some great photos were taken.

On the fast hard packed sand trails, I was leading very a fast pace and accidently over ran a corner which allowed the XR a pass. While catching him, I rode my new bike outside of my capabilities and cleaned myself up infront of a falen down tree. I think I braked too hard with the front and it slid from underneith me and I hit the track with my thigh. I bent my bars a little, but after 10 minutes they felt good again.

I rode the wr on the road at the end of the day. The only this that was really noticible was the width of the yammie up front. This really limits the rider to sitting further back, although it gives a very confortable ride on the raod.

I turned reserve on at around 80kms. Pritty crap milage.

Dunlop 756's are great.

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
Stu and I are riding wednesday, as long as I can get on my bike. Neck, left shoulder and thigh are pritty sore and brusied.

I think it will be Pauls lane.

Luke, I will race you. only if you ride your pee-wee 50.

I think mike is coming also.

Luke501Berg

Sep 24, 2003
Nath said: "While catching him, I rode my new bike outside of my capabilities and cleaned myself up infront of a falen down tree."

Hey Nath ! Is it possible for even you to ride outside your capabilities ??

I have other commitments this Wednesday but I'm sure you can get Borri (see above post) to ride with you @ Pauls Lane. He is licking his lips with anticipation about riding over the top of you...

borri

Sep 28, 2003
no luke do not want to ride over the top just far far away.(i do reserve the right to change my mind if the oppurtunity presents ) no xr400 is getting past me after 1 mistake. one would hope that a decent euro would be so far in front (eg nath on his husky) that this could not be possible.but then again stranger things have happened.
ah the joys of pit racing in gembrooke!!!
does anybody have a dictionary?

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
What are you blokes on about, getting far away.

I never said that i would out ride anyone. I said that the husky has the potential/capabilities to be riden faster than any other bike I have riden.

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
Whats this crap about riding over top of me, far far away and dictionary ???

What pedistool are you all sitting on?

@-

borri

Sep 28, 2003
Sorry but spelling is a pet hate.
Nobody that you rode with at y.g that day has actually put down a deposit on a new bike . By the info given by others there was no 04 ktm 450 on that day.
Was the bike a superior machine to the others? Not what was reported to the guys who were eagerly awaiting a report of what these new bikes can do.Riding 4wd tracks just not cut it !
Get the facts correct and stop the b.s
PEDESTAL is the correct spelling.
The xr joke is for NEV and not for anybody else who rides these fine machines.

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
Stuart and myself thought that lucas was going to drop a deposit off on the way home from yg.

Brian (FC) told me that you were very very interested, I just assumed you were buying one.

I rode with a few guys the following day and they were on ktm and kdx. I just couldn't be bothered writing it all up.

What is your problem, do you feel the need to give your worthless 2cents?

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
yeah, its great. Having first service early next week (300km) and suspension set up.

Heaps of grunt but having such a s light flywheel makes steep hills difficult. I find the gear ratios pritty good now that I am getting used to them.

The suspension seems good, looking forward for some tweeking.

7.5litre fuel tank is pissy - 100kms tops.
Speedo is awesome

No kickstarter - I have had to charge the battery once already. Husky Aust didnt know when the kickstarter will be available. They better not charge me for it!

I have a club ride this weekend - further reports may follow.

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
04 TE250 ride report

Well, I picked up the bike last Wed. and after doing some bike prep. I got to put some time on it Sun.

I have been owned a GG 200 for the last year andriden a number of KTM's so that is what I have to compare it with.

The first thing I noticed was the lowend power was very good. The bike would pull 2nd gear in just about anything. The over rev was very good also. If you are a woods rider like myself you could just about get away with just running 2nd nad 3rd gear 90% of the time.

The bike turns very good and is very stable, the susp. is also good stock. The one thing I have some questions about is the fuel range. I have not got a mileage yet, but plan on see how far she will go on a tank of gas. Right now it does not look very good, maybe 30/35 miles? In the next few week I plan on getting some race (HS) time on it so I will have a better idea of what the bike will do

I have changed the low speed jet from a 22.5 to a 27.5 which helped out the lowend. I changed the stock 13/50 gearing to 12/50 for right now but plan on going to 13/52. I added a set of BB's, other than that I'm going to run it stock.

brown

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Who has had their TE450 on the track?
How well does it jump(stability and landing)?
How nimble is it?

I like to hit the track about 20% to mix up my day so its not a huge factor but still nice to know.
Thanks!
JC

MrMoto_3

Oct 24, 2003
Suspension is perfect for motocross. It jumps extremely well and soaks up woops and g outs like a pro. I think it is too stiff for harescrambles. Square edge bumps and roots are deflected not soaked up. A little valving and this bike will be the best maching I have ever road.

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
I am in agreement - I am considering the GasGas450 and the Husky450 - so I am very interested in your honest assessments.

Aloha!!!
TrailTramp

gator331

Oct 26, 2003
i bought gg450 in late june have had so much trouble with it THEY ARE SENDING MY MONEY BACK! every other week elc starter went out it is a bad desisgn on it power plant is great when it ran burnt up 4 starter bearings from 6 18 to 10 -1 bolts broke off in starter and chewed up everything. enduro comp never worked.oil braided oil line leaked.after changed the oil 1st time oil lite hung on, but once i had so much trouble gas gas was very respondant to giving me a refund an take the bike back minus 500$$ which i can live with since i did get bout 25 30 hrs on it efi worke good an it DOES REALLY run on it,s side. 04,s coming in march with new starting gears an bigger starter but stay away from o3 models trust me i know get my check this week goin to get te 450 i guess

gator331

Oct 26, 2003
i bought gg450 in late june have had so much trouble with it THEY ARE SENDING MY MONEY BACK! every other week elc starter went out it is a bad desisgn on it power plant is great when it ran burnt up 4 starter bearings from 6 18 to 10 -1 bolts broke off in starter and chewed up everything. enduro comp never worked.oil braided oil line leaked.after changed the oil 1st time oil lite hung on, but once i had so much trouble gas gas was very respondant to giving me a refund an take the bike back minus 500$$ which i can live with since i did get bout 25 30 hrs on it efi worke good an it DOES REALLY run on it,s side. 04,s coming in march with new starting gears an bigger starter but stay away from o3 models trust me i know get my check this week goin to get te 450 i guess

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
Gator,
Have you had an opportunity to ride the KTM/Husky/TM/Honda/Yamaha, etc. for comparison? Just curious as to why you have so much faith in the GasGas, especially after a nightmarish experience...? I would like to hear more about the positives of your GG.

Thanks for the info - very helpful.

Aloooha!
TrailTramp

Top Bottom