Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Last time I spoke to him was early October, and he was preparing to be deployed. A few weeks of training in CA, then shipped off to ???. Left a message last weekend, haven't heard back. Last online 10-15-2005.

This is a guy that dove head-first into enduros this season, did great, and absolutely loved it. Don's comment about new enduro riders made me think of Team Frog. Jeff even talked his friend into riding Marquette for his first enduro... on a XR-650! :rotfl: And if that didn't ruin their friendship, he talked the same friend into riding the Summer Bummer - slick, rutted, mudfest and all, on his brand-spankin' new 300 EXC. :rotfl:

Jeff loved riding the enduros, but probably not any more than the parts guy at Lansing Cycle.

Anyway... Jeff leaves behind a wife and infant son for this deployment. We might be giving up a Frog, but we'll be getting a Derhntr back.... the enduro season will be back in balance once again. :cool:

TeamFrog

May 21, 2004
HELLO from San Diego!!! I just got back on land today after several weeks of training off the coast of California (out of cell phone range). The minute I turned on my phone, I was greeted with 10 new messages, one of which was from Smit-Dog. (I hope your collar bone is healing up nicely, BTW).

I'm totally bummed about missing the last two enduro's of the year...but thankful I was able to race the previous four. I had a blast!

Well from here, I get to go back to Michigan for a few days, throw a few items in the truck, and head back to San Diego for a while. I'm seriously considering having one of those items be my KTM...I might be able to squeeze in a little riding before I head overseas.

Thanks again to Smit-Dog, who let me tag along with him at the Wolverine/Harrison and showed me the ropes of enduro racing. It was great to meet all the Michigan Trail Riders out there at the races...a great bunch of guys.

Well, I guess its good bye for now. Maybe I'll make it back next year in enough time to get in a couple of races. Until then, ride safe and have fun. :cool:

Jeff

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Jeff - best of luck to ya! I enjoyed meeting and riding with you the little bit we did this summer. Thanks for stepping up and serving our country as well! We need people like you out there for us!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Jeff,
Thanks & be safe. Looking forward to your return to racing.
Don

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Jeff - dont think I have ever had the honor of meeting/riding with you but that dont make any difference! Your still a brother to me!! Take care of yourself, keep safe and THANK YOU for your service for all of us brother!!!
Woodsy

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Jeff - Your bright eyed enthusiasm is tops. Take good care of yourself while taking care of us.

Young Ted

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Jeff,
Its guys and gals like you and what you do that make me TRY and not complain about the little inconveniances in my life. It was great meeting you and I hope to race some more with you in the future. Take care Jeff.

CR250R@WINTERS

Top Bottom