jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
does anyone have a link or info on team suzuki's rm250 setup?
i tried searches for rodney smith but to no avail..
i have an 03 rm250 that i'm going to ride in the michigan woods...

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I know that they did a write up on Team Suzuki and highlighted Rodney's bike in particular in either Dirt Bike or Dirtrider magazine this past year. Look on their websites for back issues. Main thing was a WER stabilizer, flywheel weight, and porting.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
The article was in the spring, DB mag. I notice they do less and less to them (the GNCC bikes) as the years go by; makes me wonder if they are taloring the fact. bike to off-road - as if the majority of pro input comes from off-road and not MX/SX fact. riders.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
placelast, what do you mean "they are doing less and less"? How much more do you need to do other than clutches, FWW, suspension, stabilizer, porting, 18" rear wheel, hand guards, and a big tank for GNCC duty?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
placelast, what do you mean "they are doing less and less"? How much more do you need to do other than clutches, FWW, suspension, stabilizer, porting, 18" rear wheel, hand guards, and a big tank for GNCC duty?

Oh, not much these days; less than in the past. They used to do more - over the years they've decided (or had) to do less to be satisfied with the outcome. I take that to mean the platform gets progressively closer to the ideal every year.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
After switching from a 01CR250 to a "made for the woods" 02400 EXC I can say that if all you are gonna do is race Hare scrambles it is hard to beat a modern day 2 stroke mx bike. The light weight makes them easy to deal with in a long race. Rode the bike bone stock and have to say I miss it. :( In my opinion the bikes today are very good for us mere mortals and only need bulletproofing for the abuse the pros dish out.

But back to jacdrinker, what are you gonna do? Trailride or race or both?
I think this would make a big difference on what you might want to do to the bike.

exc rider

Jan 15, 2002
i heard steve hatch is no longer part of tem suzuki. i heard through the grape vine that he will be riding honda's in 04 and forming his own team. i dont know if its true,has anybody heard anything about this?

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Reading that makes it sound like NASCAR's silly season. Riders switching spots on different teams.

Ryan,
Did you hear? Phil has switched to a 200 KTM.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Is it really a team switch? Is Freddies and Steves move just changing colors these days? The bikes are becoming just plastic changes more over time. Something to think about. I would imagine its not long before the 250s are the same as the 4 strokes.

Hopefully the Green team won't come under Yellow management!!! Right Timr??

Top Bottom