blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
It seems that team USA might not go to the MXDN because of the recent terrorist acts... What do you guys think about this? Should they go?

They are supposed to announce Tomorrow (Friday) if they are going or not because they will have to arrange on Monday for their stuff to arrive in time for the race.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
No worries, my post should actually be in here, but I figured it purtained more to what's going on with wolrd events and how it's affecting our lives in motocross also :( . Thank God we are still doing Dirt week :) .

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Personally, I think they should go with heads held high, win or lose.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
He just said he didn't want to get on a plane for one, then be over there when/if something goes down over seas.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I really wish we could go as a sign that this hasn't damaged our spirits but I completely respect the decision of those involved if they choose not to. The lives of those who would be participating could potentially be at risk at that is much more important than a motorcycle race.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I really wish we could go as a sign that this hasn't damaged our spirits

Yeah, but it HAS. At least mine. :(

I don't think there's any problem admitting it. The world knows we're bumming, based on their response. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
They aren't going :(

**From www.racerxill.com**

September 14 , 2001

Team USA will not attend the MXdN

Racer X has learned that a general overall decision has been made by the riders, their families and sponsors, AMA Pro Racing and Team USA officials to not attend the 2001 Motocross des Nations, which is set to take place in Namur, Belgium. An announcement will go out later today. Due to the terrible events of Tuesday afternoon, security concerns were raised about having the team to leave the country so soon after "an act of war" took place against the United States. The decision was that of the AMA and the team, not the three riders. There will be no replacement team sent from the United States to Belgium. The team was supposed to leave within ten days.

As for American fans planning to attend the event, it appears that many airlines are offering full refunds for any flights departing from the United States before the end of September.

In related news, it also appears that golf's Ryder Cup in Scotland will also probably be canceled as the American contingent, led by Tiger Woods and Mark O'Meara, does not think it wise to leave the country.

Team USA still matters, but the safety and well-being Americans matter more.
------------------------------------------------

Aawww... man... I was really looking forward to seeing how this years team would stack up against the world. It's so sad that a few stupid terrorists have disrupted so much here in the US. :(

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Re: They aren't going :(

Originally posted by nikki
It's so sad that a few stupid terrorists have disrupted so much here in the US. :(

A few terrorist directly.... many thousands who support, finance, condone, plan, strategize, sympathize, etc.

And maybe millions that would love to kill us, if given the chance. Many of those are right here in the good old US of A.

We'll never root them all out.

Top Bottom