fittro

Oct 30, 2005
Anyone got some insight? Buying new boots, looking at these two. I see that a lot of pro's are still wearing the tech-8's when the 10 has been out for some time now. Obviously the 10 is claimed to be better, but anyone think different.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Any reason you're not considering the Gaerne SG-10's? If you're looking at the pros, you might notice that the Gaerne is pretty popular too.

My husband and I have had a few pairs of Tech 8's, and we think the Gaerne SG-10 is light years better than the Tech 8 is almost every way:

-The SG-10 sole is awesome and way outlasts the Tech 8.
-The SG-10 has an excellent ankle support system, the Tech 8 doesn't have much of anything for ankle support, and a broken in pair basically folds over at the ankle.
-The SG-10 buckles ROCK! I could never get out my my Tech 8's after a long moto.
-And comfort - the SG-10's are super comfy!

I don't have experience with the Tech 10... but with top Tech 10 riders Jeff Alessi and Hepler both out with broken foot bones, ya gotta wonder....

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
fittro said:
Anyone got some insight? Buying new boots, looking at these two. I see that a lot of pro's are still wearing the tech-8's when the 10 has been out for some time now. Obviously the 10 is claimed to be better, but anyone think different.

The Tech 10 is 2 better.

Dino Y

Sep 17, 2003
Having the tech 8 for about 2 years I had to fix the soles milions of times and recently had a new pair of soles put on. I was thinking if the 10 will have the same problems with soles, the whole sole thing is different. Can you change the 10 boot sole?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
You may find some interesting Alpinestar coments in the "Flame Board" forum.

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
I like my Tech8's except the soles are too soft and get trashed. I recently had my boots resoled with Sidi soles. Here is a link to a forum where I posted my resoled boots.
http://www.smackovermotorsports.com/bb/showthread.php?t=2034
You will see the before and after results. The soles were put on by Sole Performance (www.factoryresole.com) and they did a great job. Highly recommended! The Sidi soles are chosen by them due to their excellent durability.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom