ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I think buying boots is a lot like buying a helmet; you want the most protection you can afford but they have to be comfortable too. The Tech 8s' fit my particular foot shape well, and the ankle support is great---the pain of a slightly broken ankle would go away when the boots were on. They felt bulky at first, but I got used to them, and now it's not an issue.
I've heard the same arguments regarding helmets and found that a particular helmet that everyone is raving about just doesn't fit me right, yet the helmet that feels the best on my head 'pinches' when other people wear it.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Update: Went with Tech 8's, had first ride with them last week. I remember my first pair breaking-in quickly, and these were the same. Two 10-min motos and they felt like my old ones, but with more support. No braking or shifting probs.

I think the break-in issues some have are b/c their old boots are totally shot, and/or were never supportive to begin with.

I love my Alps!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Beware of the soles. There have been many reports of the soles chunking on tech 8's. My tech 6's did it, but i got A-stars to fix 'em for free.

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
boots

mxmatthew said:
what I think is that the price of the 8's is complete BS up here in Canada eh. $700-$800 for a pair of boots, yea right.
mx matthew it is well worth looking into online shopping MC USA is my shopping staple i cant tell you how much money our caadian dealers have lost from me in the past IE alpine vectors $233 mc usa $579 canadian with shipping and duties and delivery to the front door how can you not .

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I've owned Tech 6's and Tech 8's. My ankles could be considered loose or weak. With the Tech 6's; anytime I'd land hard off a jump or come up slightly short on something, my heels would flex way down and my ankles would hurt like crazy. I put up with this for years and limped around thinking this was the reality of my ankles and MX. Then I sprang for a set of Tech 8's. The difference between the 8's and 6's in terms of ankle protection is huge. I've never even had a twitch of pain in my ankles sincing owning the 8's. My current set is worn out and I'm getting ready for another purchse. It'll either be the Tech 8's or maybe the Sidi Flex Forces. But it will definitely not be the Tech 6's. So if your ankles are prone to injury, my recommendation is to stay away from the 6's and move up to the 8's. Plenty of my riding friends use Tech 6's with no problems; but they don't have pre-existing ankle issues.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Currently I use Sidi SRS. The first couple rides I hated them, but now i'm very used to the feel. And no other boot gives you this feeling of protection! Also, the complete sole is replaceable, not just the little insert. Don't get white boots, that's dumb! You will struggle to keep them clean.

aus426

Mar 7, 2004
Hi all, new member here from brisbane, aus.

My advice is to try a pair of gaerne SG-1s before making a decision. alloy buckles, tough ankle protection, and probably the most comfortable footwear ive ever owned.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
aus426 said:
Hi all, new member here from brisbane, aus.

My advice is to try a pair of gaerne SG-1s before making a decision. alloy buckles, tough ankle protection, and probably the most comfortable footwear ive ever owned.

If your going to look at Gaerne's for protection you want to look at the New SG10's. LazyBoy got a pair after trying on the Tech 6 and Tech 8, there was no comparison in his mind as to which boot was more comfortable and for my peace of mind only the Sidi's seem to offer similar protection.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You makin fun of my GWB's Motometal?

Top Bottom