Ted Nugent on VA Tech and School shootings

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html

Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster
By Ted Nugent
Special to CNN

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun ban. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
"Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones"

well, he does have a point with the "good guy" thing.

nooge! :aj:

justme1

Feb 11, 2007
io.gif

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
i think i like canada, where you can pretty much be sure no one is carrying a gun around, legal or non legal

guns scare me

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
well, handguns scare me, it just makes me think the person is up to no good.

if it was up to me, handguns would be unobtainable to the average person. the people that caused the shooting at VA Tech just walked into a gun shop and bought guns.

name one thing handguns have done that wasnt negative, not talking about law enforcement

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
sixds said:
name one thing handguns have done that wasnt negative, not talking about law enforcement

1. Protected millions of law abiding citizens.

2. Provided recreation for millions

3. Allowed parents an avenue to spend time with their children and teach them about responsibility while enjoying a common interest.

I'm sure there are dozens more, but since you only asked for one...

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
that rifles coulnt have done better? if criminals and regular people didnt have access to pistols there would be way less shootings. try walking into a convenience store with a rifle.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
sixds said:
i think i like canada, where you can pretty much be sure no one is carrying a gun around, legal or non legal

Yep, nothing like that would ever happen in the People's Republic of Canada. :think:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/09/13/shots-dawson.html

Ted is spot on as usual. There's too much hate in the world and not enough guns.....in the right hands. :nod:

Tell me, is it just me?

When I hear that little turd from South Korea (who now resides in Hell) speak, I hear the same hate and division that is preached by the same fools who are now speaking of additional gun control legislation. Do you think that THEY have made the connection? :coocoo:

Last edited:

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
I think that Mr Nugent went a little overboard with his comments, but I do agree with him in that gun control laws only keep guns out of the hands of honest, law-abiding citzens.
If everyone carried a gun I think you would have 10 times as many shootings because every little squabble would turn into a shootout.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
sixds said:

guns scare me

Why would you say that? Handguns are hard to get in Canada, but rifles, shotguns, etc. are easily availble to anyone over 16. My friends and I had plenty of guns growing up in Alberta.

I remember in college in Alberta, some guy brought his shotgun to speech class to do a speech about clay pigeon shooting. He was pointing the thing over our heads in class demonstrating how he shoots clay pigeons and then he'd dip it down occasionally at certain people in the class as a joke. I think he got good mark, but no one knows how he just walked in and out of class with a 12 gauge. This was about 1980, so things may have changed since then.

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
sixds said:

if it was up to me, handguns would be unobtainable to the average person. the people that caused the shooting at VA Tech just walked into a gun shop and bought guns.

Well dirtbikes scare several people I work with so I guess we had better band together and make them illegal to posses or use.
And I guess if you listened to the right people dirtbikes have only done negative things for society and the enviroment like cause massive erosion which has at times killed people, polluted the atmosphere and is causing the death of our planet -which we all know is an UNDENIABLE TRUTH
Guns when used properly just as dirtbikes have legitimate and reputable uses in the hands of properly educated citizens

sixds said:
that rifles coulnt have done better? if criminals and regular people didnt have access to pistols there would be way less shootings. try walking into a convenience store with a rifle.
and what is so hard about modifying any long arm into a short version. I have confiscated Shotguns that were less then 15 inches long. Short enough to conceal big enough to cause massive damage. As Okie said if someone is going to attack my family they had better weigh if the profit to loss is worth it to them because I just may have my weapon ready and at hand to defend us.
Once you remove the legal possesion of weapons it makes all law abiding citizens easy and defenseless prey- I will not become a sheep to take to slaughter

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Bakemono said:
If everyone carried a gun I think you would have 10 times as many shootings because every little squabble would turn into a shootout.

That is a common fear but it has not happened anywhere that it has been tried including my home state. Michigan has been "shall issue" with regard to CCW permits for several years now. The only impact has been an inexplicable decline in the rate of violent crime.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Guns are simply not the problem, it is the people that are. No different than the 9.11 attacks. Planes are not the problem, it is the people that brought the evil doing on to our soil.

Bad guys will and always have found a way to acquire their weapon of choice. Airplanes in New York. A deer rifle at UT tower. A sniper rifle fired out of the trunk of a car. A handgun at V Tech. A bomb in OKC. A knife, a car, a body of water, a rock, a bat, poison, trained animals, you name it, just about anything can and has been used a deadly weapon. And in all cases it is not the fault of the item used as a tool to administer death, it is the person with the intent to administer death.

One thing that continues to bother me is that this kid was not even a US citizen, not that it makes this any better or worse. Neither were the puppets of 9.11, or the guy who killed a FT. Worth officer last year or the drunk that killed a woman and child recently that Geraldo and O'reily argued about. Some were here legally, some not, but the fact of the matter is that these and hundreds of other hainus crimes each year would not happen if these people were not in our country. We have plenty of crimes comitted by US citizens on US soil each year and we need to find ways to stop it. One thing we can significantly reduce is these crimes being comitted on our soil by people that are not US citizens. Just my .02

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
sixds said:
"If guns [handguns] kill people, then all of mine are defective."-Ted said that too.

It is natural and right for Americans to be deeply saddened for the families who have lost their dear ones at Virginia Tech. Even the family of Cho is suffering and is cause for sympathy.

I wonder why Is this event more outrageous to us than the fact that more than 100 people are killed by drunk drivers in the USA each and every day?

Ken

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

holeshot said:
Why would you say that? Handguns are hard to get in Canada, but rifles, shotguns, etc. are easily availble to anyone over 16. My friends and I had plenty of guns growing up in Alberta.

I remember in college in Alberta, some guy brought his shotgun to speech class to do a speech about clay pigeon shooting. He was pointing the thing over our heads in class demonstrating how he shoots clay pigeons and then he'd dip it down occasionally at certain people in the class as a joke. I think he got good mark, but no one knows how he just walked in and out of class with a 12 gauge. This was about 1980, so things may have changed since then.

Haha every Grade 9 at the school I went to takes a course called Hunter education where you learn about different types of guns and how to use them.....as well as hunting and survival techniques of course. Not to many schools that actually teach their students how to shoot. It was a great class....and about the only thing I ever enjoyed at that school from K-12 :)

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
BadgerMan said:
That is a common fear but it has not happened anywhere that it has been tried including my home state. Michigan has been "shall issue" with regard to CCW permits for several years now. The only impact has been an inexplicable decline in the rate of violent crime.
Thats definetely good to hear, but I still think that some gun control is needed.
IMO, people who have been convicted of violent crimes should not be allowed to own a gun.
That doesnt mean its going to stop those people from owning guns if they really want to, but it will at least make it more difficult for them.
The sad fact is that people have been killing each other and no matter what you do, thats never going to change.
Less gun control would not have prevented what happened at VT, but if someone who knew something about Cho's mental state (and from what Ive heard on the news there were people who were aware that he was severely depressed and had dark thoughts) had acted on that knowledge it definetely could have been prevented.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
Bakemono said:
Thats definetely good to hear, but I still think that some gun control is needed.
IMO, people who have been convicted of violent crimes should not be allowed to own a gun.
That doesnt mean its going to stop those people from owning guns if they really want to, but it will at least make it more difficult for them.

Dude, that is already a law. A convicted felon is not allowed to own/posses a firearm. The problem is that they aquire them illegally. Very few legal firearms are ever used to commit crimes.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
sixds said:

Thankfully replies have remained relatively civil to this point and before anyone takes an extreme view of these comments as a Canadian I'd like to add a few comments of my own.

Our American friends need to keep in mind we are rasied in a completely different culture in regards to weapons, and more specifically handguns. They are so restricted here even those that own them legally can barely find ways to use them at the range given all the regulation. Given this the site of a handgun anywhere but on the hip of a Police Officer is an uncomfortable sight to most Canadians. I grew up in a family of Law Enforcement officers, have hunted and been around guns my entire life and still when around somebody handling a sidearm something registers in your brain that "this isn't right". Right or wrong it's a product of environment.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
well people - guns don't (pull there own triggers)

people with evil works are the problem-
a person does there time-,or probation, so does that mean a man now will never have the right to defend his family?---- yea thats right i said it-
but a piece of garbage can shoot your new wife-or kid-or you,--possibly in your own home- because you were sent to jail-or on prbation --- now you will never have the right to bare arms!??

yea the devil is workin overtime these days-

may Jesus save those kids,and us all

-possible ploy to get guns done away with all together? --verry possible

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I can understand where our Canadian dirt bike brothers & sisters might be apprehensive about side arms, lots of my family is from up there and some still there. It is quite different than the US in many ways even though many things are similar or better (beer comes to mind). On the filp side I know hemp fests are a bit more popular and tolorated in the great white north, something very foreign to us in the south. In the end it's all a product of where you are from. I totally support the right to be able to legally carry and shoot back at those that cause a threat to good law abiding people. It has made a difference in Texas even though not totally eradicated problems.

BTW a point about the UT tower incident. The rifles used from the ground? Belonged to ordinary citizens, the police were out gunned at first with only hand guns and shot guns.

Just another "Bad American" like Ted. :aj:

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
RocketRaccoon said:
Dude, that is already a law. A convicted felon is not allowed to own/posses a firearm. The problem is that they aquire them illegally. Very few legal firearms are ever used to commit crimes.
Im aware of that. My point was that gun control (to a certain extent) is a good thing. Im sure Ted Nugent and people like him would love absolutely no gun control whatsoever (which IMO would not be a good idea). Infact, I bet if you asked Ted he would be in favor of it being a law that everyone be trained in how to use a firearm and be required to carry it on them at all times.

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
Bakemono said:
I bet if you asked Ted he would be in favor of it being a law that everyone be trained in how to use a firearm and be required to carry it on them at all times.
Already laws requiring education. California requires "Hunter Safety" prior to issuing a hunting license. Conceal permits require classes as well as demonstration of competent use of the licenced weapon. Gun stores require the passing of a written test on gun law and safety prior to the purchase of the firearm...Makes me feel so safe from they guy who follows the law. :coocoo:

Drivers are required by law to be trained and licensed in order to prove competence behind the wheel... Drunk drivers kill several times more people than careless gun owners and violent criminals with guns combined.

Guns [and cars] are not the problem...poor [self serving] choices are. :yell:

Ken

On a happier note: me and the boy are riding El Mirage tomorrow :cool:

Top Bottom