Ted's Chandler Hill Challenge AMA National Dual Sport (MI)

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Ted's Chandler Hill Challenge AMA National Dual Sport.
September 26-27, 2009.
Wolverine, MI

09CHCLogo.gif

http://www.gldsmc.org/09CHC.html

An excellent Dual Sport in some of Michigan's best riding area. Grassy two tracks that twist and turn through dark forests; challenging hills and ravines resembling roller coasters; private event trail used only for this event; prime single track cycle trail to keep you on your toes while grinning ear to ear.

Oh, and let's not forget the big bike Adventure Routes for those looking for a more scenic and relaxing ride.

All hero sections are optional on both days. Hit as much or as little as you like.

Lunch at the historic Chandler Township Hall with more of the fantastic home cooking savored by all on Saturday.

100_0256.JPG

A hog roast with pulled pork and all the fixings finishes off Saturday night with the dinner being sponsored by BMW of Detroit.

As said by many, this is the "do not miss ride of the year".

Gas stations on the routes, 2 stations strategically placed on each loop.
Street legal bikes only.

Free rustic field camping.

Event shirt for all pre-registered riders.

Preregistration: $65 for both days, $35 for one. $40/day post entry. (can preregister directly on GLDS site)

I-75 to exit 290 (Vanderbilt).
North on Old 27 three miles to Thumb Lake Rd.
West on Thumb Lake 3.5 miles to Magee.
North on Magee 4 miles to Event (east side of Rd)

info@gldsmc.org
Jeramey @ (989) 751-6863

More information on the event, video, photos, maps, lodging information and more on the site.
http://www.gldsmc.org/09CHC.html

chc1+_16_.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

This is "Ted's" ride, as the driving force and primary gear behind this event was Ted Farnsworth, who passed away just weeks before the event.
100_0382.JPG

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mark and I will be there.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I'm still in the air on this one. I need to be back in Big Rapids Sunday morning. Brighton to Wolverine to Big Rapids to Brighton. Not sure if I'm up to that much driveing. We do need to redeem ourselves though. Getting cought by the sweep riders last year was a little :yikes:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
Haven't seen the route sheet yet, but we may bypass some of the pavement sections on the south side of Thumb Lake Road. If you guys hadn't been gabbing so much and letting the clueless chick lead we would have made better time! :moon:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Oh my God what an awesome ride! Thanks to everyone who helped to make it a reality.

:cool:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
Best one so far, they just keep getting better! Great job Jeramey and crew, appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting this ride together!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Jeramey and everyone else that helped make it happen - Thanks:cool: :cool:

As newbies to dual sports Mark and I had no clue what to expect - we had a blast. Some of that two track was fantastic! Great bits of single track...great bits of scenic roads...great weather...great food... great time!

Top Bottom