Tell me what you think... Help ME!

Ivy

Jan 8, 2007
here's my dilemma.

my husband has this crazy habit of modifying motorcycles. he always try to "upgrade".

yesterday he removed the battery and sawed the batter housing (just so it would look "clean")... stuffed the battery under my seat (that place where the air comes in or something, i dont' know the term)... then he removed the stock pipe and replaced it with a different one. plus He motarded the bike, smaller front wheels.

what happened next? it had backfired and ran slower. so he rejetted it ... but it's still the same... i keep telling him there's something wrong! it's not as fast as it was before... but he kept telling me, "it's the way you handle the bike", "your driving is bad", "the clutch is lose", "you underreved" etc etc etc... i may not be that all-knowing when it comes to engines and mc's but i truly know in my heart his "upgrade" has affected the performance... i know his intentions are good... but what can i do? he thinks he knows everything... if i had a choice, i would have preferred the stock set-up... i don't care if it had to look "stocky"

if he's right... then tell me HE IS RIGHT.
if he's wrong... let me know ASAP... so i can support my "claims"

BTW< my bike is XR200

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ivy said:
if he's right... then tell me HE IS RIGHT.
if he's wrong... let me know ASAP... so i can support my "claims"

Ivy.

I've been married long enough to know not to get in the middle of this, but. :whoa: If he put the battery in the airbox, there is a good chance that it is restricting the air flow to the engine. Did he have to remove the air filter inorder to fit the battery in there? If so, you should not run your bike without an air filter.

Just my $ .02

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Ivy,

If he insists on modifying your bike tell him that you'd like to modify his bike for him. Put some tassels on the handle bars and tell him that you think it's more sporty. ;)

In all seriousness ... if you are the one riding the bike you should have some say as to what modifications that go into it. A lot of that has to do with you being (or getting) educated as to what performance upgrades are for your bike and what their results are. Talking to people with the same bike is a good place to start.

Sometimes guys just like to be tinkering ... and you may have to let him do that ... cause we like it that way. But he should respect the feedback you give him after he has changed something.

Ivy

Jan 8, 2007
hehehe... nah, even if i educate myself, I can't change the way he sees me...

thanks for your comforting words though... which gives me an idea... i'm gonna paint his motorcycle pink.

Ivy

Jan 8, 2007
btw, i'm reading all articles about XR200 upgrades... i'm going to do it myself... suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated... calling all XR200 users.

i'm gonna start with.. how do i adjust the speedometer? i dont' think it's reading right coz he already changed the front wheels.

yesterday we had a group ride... i was so embarrassed coz my motorcycle was struggling... i was behind the whole time... and to think my friend was just riding an XRM...

FOR THE RECORD, MY husband is an *******!

Top Bottom