woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I dont follow Ambulances or Fire Trucks and only am interested in crashes if I can stop and help someone so please dont take this as a sign that I am one of those types..
Someone posted this on a sled site that I read sometimes and, because it involved a fellow motorcyclist I clicked on it.. I find it interesting that, as the article explains, the Safety Department actually had this on display at a Bike Fair!! Guess that does have merrit as a warning!! Anyway, if your interested read on..

"The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and the rider) were killed instantly.
This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department.

The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second.

With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled

over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
For some reason I cant get these pics to upload.. I think its cause they are bitmaps??? ANyone know how to change them?? IF so - let me know and I will send them to you and and let you post them.. Pretty amazing what a bike can do to a car!! No blood and stuff - just lots of twisted steel...

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
Open them up with MS Paint and you should be able to save them as JPGS (bring down the save file as menu). Wow.. That's bad to even think about, without pictures even...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thanks Bbarel!!

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
ShowLetter4.jpg

Another version for you.

Top Bottom