texas gncc? info plz on this place to ride.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
The terrain is rocks on the climbs and top and sand at the bottom. I rode the entire motorcycle trail without barkbusters. It isnt tight, but you could go faster with barkbusters.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
A word of warning about the bark busters.  I went to the WORCS race at Gilmer last year.  Burleson was helping Gary Hazel with the course and they were making new trail.  It will not be like an enduro, but you could have a couple of challenging sections.  We kept the bark busters on.  FYI.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I wasnt planning on riding without Barkbusters. I was just commenting that it could be done. I did two or three unintentional stoppies because of the front brake. I would also recomend a skid plate. The rocks are big enough and some are loose.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Hazel and DB are doing the GNCC this year and there have to be some challenges--otherwise where is the fun! Skid plates, bark busters, and shark fins should be the order of the day for the rocks. Be prepared for up and down hills or why else would it be named Barnwell Mountain? As a local and helper, I will try to answer questions, but I do not know layout and about actual course. Hazel and DB were working on it this weekend! Come on down!

enduro400

Oct 19, 2001
What about the camping area? Is there plenty of room? We'll be coming up around noon on Saturday. Any rules or regulations we should know about before we get there? Is this a spectator friendly place? I'd like to get some pics of the riders. Coming from Shreveport,LA what would be the eaisest way to get there? Sorry for all the questions but this will be our first time to this place. Any additional info is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Wade

Top Bottom