Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
THERE IS NOT A DECENT PIZZA IN THIS STATE.

We've tried MANY places "Chicago Style", "NY Style" even one that called it "St. Louis Style" <-- whatever the heck that is. Nothing. BLACH! :bang:

We'll be in Chicago tomorrow and have already ordered REAL pizza(s) to be delivered at the same time we show-up at my sister's house! Thanks Crispy!
YES! Real 'za !!!

< back to reality >

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
pizza :fft:

Does it come rolled in a tortilla with salsa? If not, then :fft:

Now if you want I can take you to the Candlelight in Arlington. I think they serve pizza, at least that is what we order. It is too dark to tell what you are getting, but the brews come in 20oz mugs, so all is good! :aj:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
This summer I got a chance to have a BBQ chicken pizza in Chicago. That was the 2nd best meal I had this year. Best meal being a Italian Sub from Knight's in Muncy Pa.
No other pizza I have ever eaten even comes close.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I hate to admit it but St. Louis has a HUGE italian population and has come of the best pizza I've had. The best are the small restaraunts on The Hill. Better than anything I had in Chicago or New York. The one thing you have to remember is that almost ALL of the STL chain pizza places and a lot of the places outside of The Hill suck.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Okiewan said:
As a whole, the best food PERIOD in the States is in those two cities.
NY and Chicago probably have great food, that I can't argue. But if you ever come to NM you will find the most unique Mexican food you've ever eaten. We call it New Mexican food.

Nunzio's used to have some good pizza but I couldn't afford it in college so I always went to the Pizza Hut all-you-can eat buffet. Quantity was important back then.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
pizza :fft:

Now if you want I can take you to the Candlelight in Arlington. I think they serve pizza, at least that is what we order. It is too dark to tell what you are getting, but the brews come in 20oz mugs, so all is good! :aj:

I have not been to the candlelight in 32 YEARS, but I do remember that place, it was on Division, right?

Tony, we HAVE to get a road trip there soon! :cool:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I must have missed it.

Okie, when did you move to Texas? What was the reason for the move?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Okiewan said:
Freakin uncultamtured rednecks.

Pizza (Chicago pizza) is the food of Gods.

Chicago pizza sucks. Way too much dough.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I had to go to Albuquerque to get the best Italian Pizza ever - it is called a Marguarita. Buca De Peppa I think the place was called - Come to think of it, I never did have a 'great' pizza in Tejas !!! :(

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Now I'm hungry for some pizza. Time to go pop a Tombstone in the oven. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pizza is the food of the Gods?! LOL! Maybe in Chicago that's what they eat. In Texas I'm sure they eat brisket, sausage, ribs, and chicken fried steak with some chili (NO FREAKIN' BEANS!!!) when it drops below 65 degrees outside. Of course they will have plenty of ice tea (real tea not that sweet crap), some raw onion slices, peppers, maybe some black eye peas, and of course pecan pie, Blue Bell ice cream and peach cobbler. Then again perhaps you missed the sign that said "Welcome to Texas"? :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So now we got a South African that lives in Kansas that thinks he knows what pizza is. See how screwed-up the world is? LOL.

Capt. Oblivious; there are several styles of crust available. The deep pie is not the defacto Chicago Style.

Bunch of Pizza Neophytes.

That's all good stuff Pat, won't complain. But;

I AM SICK OF EVERYTHING MEXICAN.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LOL! Maybe everything is Mexican because we were part of Mexico? ;) I wonder to perople in Italy ever look for a good Sushi place? What about people in Mexico looking for a good plate of bangers & mash or fish & chips? :)

OK I do seem to recall a place called Lou Malnati's that had some great pizza. Elk Grove Village location.

Jul 20, 2005
You southern guys are crackin me up :)
are there really no good pizza places in all of texas?
Do you have sushi bars? If you want good food, come to washington. We have everything, and all of it is good... Even our mexican food is good :) Although, the best pizza place, and there are a lot of bad ones, but the best one is in the heart of seattle.
You'll have to come and see for yourself.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Grady said:
I have not been to the candlelight in 32 YEARS, but I do remember that place, it was on Division, right?

Tony, we HAVE to get a road trip there soon!

Yup! Perhaps we need to have a planning meeting for Camp Tejas! :)

Patman said:
Pizza is the food of the Gods?! LOL! Maybe in Chicago that's what they eat. In Texas I'm sure they eat brisket, sausage, ribs, and chicken fried steak with some chili (NO FREAKIN' BEANS!!!) when it drops below 65 degrees outside. Of course they will have plenty of ice tea (real tea not that sweet crap), some raw onion slices, peppers, maybe some black eye peas, and of course pecan pie, Blue Bell ice cream and peach cobbler. Then again perhaps you missed the sign that said "Welcome to Texas"? :laugh:

Pat ... you left out Buttermilk Pie! I'm hungry for a medium CFS from Heitmuellers as we speak. I may have to stop in Elm Mott on my way to Austin.

Remember tomato flavored bean soup won the CHILI cookoff the last two years.
Although good tasting ... IT ISN'T CHILI :think:

Besides 9 1/2 months out of the year it is too cold in Chicago to taste what you are eating!!! :fft:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yeah, Sushi all over te place; bait stores.

New rule.
Unless you've eaten pie at a LOCAL, NEIGHBORHOOD place in either Chicago or New York, you can't say what "good pizza" is. You haven't experienced the best, therefore have no idea what "good" is.

And before anyone brings it up... "California Kitchen" pizza is NOT pizza. It's dough with grass on top.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Besides 9 1/2 months out of the year it is too cold in Chicago to taste what you are eating!!!
Silly Texan.

A piping hot pizza in a pub by a lake, fireplace going, big snow outside and a pitcher of good beer... ahhhhhh, that's livin' right there.

(disclaimer: when done eating/partying... head back to Texas immediatley)

If I had my way? Up by my folks in Galena, Il during June, July, August, September, back to Texas for the rest of the year.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okiewan said:
"California Kitchen" pizza is NOT pizza. It's dough with grass on top.

When I lived in Dallas that place got closed down for health code violations. :rotfl:

Top Bottom