rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
LoriKTM said:
Unfortunately, we don't get SQUAT for "mexican" food up here. They don't know what machaca beef is, so I've had to make my own.
I love Machaca, im mexican, but my grandmother doesnt know how too make it.. I go too a lil Taqueria and have it MMMM!! :) Any good Carne Asada up there?? :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
Pred, surely you can find SOMETHING off Wolfgang Puck's pizza menu: :nod:
he didn't have Canadian Bacon and Pineapple :(

I gotta eat that Canadian Bacon to honor my buddy Camstyn and his Ancient Cult of Canadian Wrestlers. :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
The weirdest pizza I ever ate was a vegetarian pizza. That's what salad and breadsticks are for. Pile mine with meat anytime :) Canadian Bacon ROCKS!

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Jeff says:
I had Chicago Style pizza once, think it was in College Station
Unless College Station has moved from Texas to Illinois.....
EXACTLY MY POINT!
If the place is in Texas and claims "Chicago Style", RUN.

(By Okie on Shiftless' PC)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
a454elk said:
CA Pizza Kitchen is food of the freaks, it SUCKS!

Stay in the donut/longjohn thread - where you belong. :debil:

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Natalie, of all the pizza I have ever eaten, Wolfgang Pucks was the worst!!! Granted, it came from the freezer at the supermarket as we have no Puck restaurants here in Chicago, but the two we tried were yuckypoo.

Has anyone ever tried making their own pizza? One day we made our own and put so many toppings on that it was 6 inches high when it went into the oven. The good thing about that is you can only eat one slice. Was it good? Not so much.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
we have no Puck restaurants here in Chicago
Sure you do. At O'Hare.

Why am I not anxious to eat at a place owned by a guy named "Puck" ?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I just ate at Wolfgang Puck's when I was in Las Vegas and thought of this thread....

I decided to have Crab Cakes instead. :)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
shiftless said:
Has anyone ever tried making their own pizza?

My wife can - from scratch, although I'm left to recall when was the last time of that delicious stuff. Her's was deep-dished with no add-ons, yet one pan would feed five.

Her grand-mama taught her how to roll out her own dough, pasta, etc. As such, she has a nack for it, moreover other breads/baking in general.

We have a small stone mill to grind grain, so between that, technique, and proper old-world seasoning, it by far would top any comers for flavor and nutrition.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I think there are many wrong ways to make a pizza, making it come out with a soggy, crappy crust. I know if you put too many toppings on it, or topings like veggies that produce liquid when they cook, it ain't gonna be good. The outer crust gets done but underneath towards the middle it doesn't. Been there done that.

My mom used to make those "homemade" pizzas with the powdered mix that you put with water and it magically turns to dough/crust (Robin Hood brand?). They actually weren't bad (when she made them), or maybe I was just real hungry. I tried to make one last year from that mix, terrible, I think this was one of the very few times in my life that I actually threw away pizza. In my book, that's like throwing away beer. You just don't do it, unless you have a good reason.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
Sure you do. At O'Hare.

Why am I not anxious to eat at a place owned by a guy named "Puck" ?

Better Puck than puke ... :yikes:

I cannot believe that you disagree with people that put strawberries on their cheesecake ... Next thing I expect to hear that you agree with Pat and I that chili DOES NOT have beans!!! :nener:

Top Bottom