motogurl

Apr 5, 2004
Wondering how many Texas/Oklahoma riders there are on this forum. I am from the Dallas area. I ride mx and have been around to most of the track in North Texas and will be going to South Texas alot this year for races. I have been to Muenster, Rocky Ridge, Red River (differ from Muenster) for fun and like going to the dunes at Lil Sahara...... just checking in to see where everyone is at :eek:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I live in OKC (near Draper lake), and make the trip to Muenster fairly often to ride. Quite a few areas to ride locally, and well worth the trip. You might check the Heartland spodes page, as well as the North Texas Smack pack, for more riders in your venue. I ride mx occassionally, but prefer enduros, and cross country races.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I live in OKC (NW OKC), and their are a lot of places to ride.

1. Motor Cycle Raceway: (Robbie Raynard's home track) SE 59th & Douglas
Just off I-40 next to Tinker Air-Force Base:
MX only - Practice Tues. & Thurs. 5pm-10pm, weekend races

2. Sooner State Cycle Park: Wellston, OK - Two MX tracks + lots of trails and fire roads. Open daily (electric and water hook ups for RV's)

3. Moto City Raceway: Blanchard, OK - MX only. Practice Wednesday evenings, races and practice on weekends.

4. Woodland hills off road park: Anadarko, OK MX and Trails. Combo Gate - ride anytime

5. 500: Stillwater, OK - Trials - Combo Gate - ride anytime

6. Cooperland Raceway: Stillwater, OK - MX & Mini MX + Trails - practice and races on the weekends

7. Duncan MX park: Duncan, OK - MX & trails

Thats the only places I have riden. all of them are good, however, I would say for MX Cooperland Raceway & Motor Cycle Raceway are by far the best tracks and kept in the best shape. For trails, I really like Woodland Hills off road park & Sooner state cycle park.

motogurl

Apr 5, 2004
MTRIDER said:
Hey Mid-high have you guys been to Texoma mx ? Its near Calera ...Awesome track for either woods people or track people..
Lemme know if anyone wants to go ....some of the best dirt around.

www.texomamx.com

I went out to that track for a race I guess about Jan or so... the track was actually pretty cool.. there wasnt anything real technical there but alot of fun.... cant wait to get up there this season

motogurl

Apr 5, 2004
xwolfbagx said:
hey i livein the dallas area...do you know of any places close to dallas i can go? i havent been able to go for a full day yet

What type of riding are you wanting to do? track? trail riding? if you are looking for tracks... www.texasmx.com is a good place to look...

motogurl

Apr 5, 2004
Okiewan said:
motogurl... when you joined, you said you ride quads... now you have bikes?

I do ride quads... I have always had a bike just not a big one that I race or anything... I have a CRF50 and a 750 streetbike... I race mx on my quad though ...

the 50 is a pitbike and something for fun.. and other is for street of course

side note: as far as racing.. I have raced in a few dirtbike series ... they normally have like 3 quad classes and stuff and the places that I practice at on Wed and Thurs nights are "all rider" practices which is open for quads as well as bikes.... I run a main series here in North and South texas which is strictly for quads only and the GNC for quads .... I dont race the 50...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom