Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Just arrived home all in one piece Pokie, but with one heck of a headache :(
Thanks again Tim for the help I appreciated what you did for me, I guess that was one heck of a bell ringer I gave myself huh. Well, time for me to catch some zzzzz's now before I pass out from exhaustion.

B

biglou

Great news, Jeff.

You were'nt looking too good at the tent there! Thanks to Tim for working his butt off scraping up the wounded! Heck of a nice guy! Glad to hear you made it home in one piece, Jeff! See ya next year.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Jeff... all of us in the Okie clan and in fact all DRNers, are relieved to hear that you're home driving that far and by yourself.... after that nasty headplant in the first turn with the largest number of spectators....
good luck, man! see ya next year...

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Jeff -

Glad to hear you made it home safe. Thanks for all your help on the NightTime Poker run. We couldnt have done it without ya!!!!;)

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Glad to hear you made it home Jeff!!! Take are of yourself and I know I will see you next year!!!:cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Firemedic 530

I am also very appreciative of the time and effort givien by Firemedic. After assuring him that I could still wiggle my toes, he helped me to my feet and said, "you're really gonna feel this one!" :eek:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
BSwift, that section bit a lot of people over the course of DW 01. Your crash, however, was the most spectacular that I witnessed. Timr and Tony and I were on the bridge watching you and we were sure you were gonna get a helicopter ride. :scream:

I lost count of the people who ALMOST crashed there.

Jeff, I missed your crash, but you seemed a little woozy at the tent. Thank God it wasn't worse...

Firemedic 530 was the hero of the event. He's really fast on a bike also. Thanks, Tim, YOU DA MAN! :cool:

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Glad your OK Jeff.

I'm wondering if Firemedic 530 was the guy that looked at my sons back after he crashed. Who ever it was I'd like to thank him he was there just a couple of minutes after he crashed.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
BSwift, that section bit a lot of people over the course of DW 01

i never could get that section down. i finally gave up on it. it wasn't worth it.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Glad to hear your OK man. Too bad you didnt win a new jersey in the drawing to replace theone they cut oof of ya. And yes you are right Tim (and everyone else for that fact) is about as nice of a person you ever wnat to meet.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Thanks everybody, glad I was surrounded by family at the time! :)
My neck is a bit sore and I have a monster headache, but I live to ride again. I just need to slow down a bit to match my riding ability's :confused:

Hope your son is doing OK Ken and you too Bswift. Need you both there next time!

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
I'm glad you made it home Jeff. You had me worried when you came over to the trailer:( I had packed a couple of bags "in case" and was glad to only use the boo-boo bag:cool: Kx ken, yes I looked @ your son @ the track and after Lou helped me pack up Jeff's stuff. I am glad that he is fine as well. I really enjoyed myself and was glad to help in any way possible. I can't wait till next year. Tim

rayovac

Aug 28, 2000
MikeB,

One weekend me and the guys I ride with all witnessed an endo at our local track. The guy was really racked up. The EMTs were mentioning a broken clavicle... We were about 5 feet away as we watched the EMT's cut off his brand new jersey...OUCH!!! :scream:

We all came to the resolve that no matter what happens.... Don't let them cut the Jersey OFF!!! We figure once we already hurt and humiliated... what's a little arm raise to pull the jersey off...hehehe.

Also when non MXers tell us how dangerous it is... my comment is... "Nothing that some Pins and Plaster can't fix". :p

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
I know what you mean. I try to remove all gear on riders without cutting. I gave the Illinois FF that seperated his clavicle on Thursday the option and he chose cut. I don't blame him in his case. I enjoy helping riders, they actually want to be OK and are realistic about treatment. The people I typically deal with are more concerned with lawsuits than actual injuries. I am @ work now and have a couple questions; 1. If you don't feel good, why do you go upstairs to lie down, then call us to carry you back downstairs to go to the hospital? 2. @ 4:30 in the morning how do you know the person next to you is unconscious and not just sleeping like you should be? I have other questions ,but not tonight. Tim;)

rayovac

Aug 28, 2000
Tim,

LMAO!!! ;) I have a cousin that is a Paramedic, My wife has been an RN for 15 years... have a many firends in the industry (RNs, Firefighters, etc.)

Your comments are pretty stinken funny... But So, So VERY Typical and may I add apparently Right ON THE MONEY!!!

I always enjoy the stories my cousin (The Paramedic) has to share when we get together... never a dull moment in the "Life Saving Biz"...

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Glad everyone came out okay. I don't know how, but Tim just seems to be everywhere at the right moment! Tim, your help was much appreciated. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you. Sorry I never took you up on the offer to ride you bike but I'm affraid had I done that I may have needed your services as well! :eek:
Hope to see you next year. :)

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Lori (Mrs. Gomer) has a pretty good trackside manner too. She attended to KC when he miscalculated trajectory/velocity/throttle position.

Kinda made me wish I was hurt too. ;)

I guess she gets a lot of post-crash practice from hanging with Gomer. :p

400F MAN

May 19, 2001
Could have been worse

I'm really happy to hear that you made it home ok Jeff. Like you said your self just take it slow and don't rush in to feeling better too quickly. No need to do more damage by accident. I know I've done it! That hair scramble was great!!! Thanks for being my partner. I still have that hair band that we had to pass back and forth between laps. Feel better soon. Look forward to seeing you next year at DW2002. Take care.:cool:

Top Bottom