whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It is about time someone has finally stepped up, crossed a line in the sand, they have had enough nonsense. There may be other countries, I know Australia is one of them. Australia seemingly does not give any slack to immigrants trying to make Australia like the one they left? Special consideration for them, why? We can not just keep bending over for every whining group of people with a gripe. Living next to Chicago I get the whining about local politics getting involved in a boycott of sending a high school team to Arizona, because they are not bending over for illegal immigrants? BS! Too bad I know this is but a grain of sand on a beach of issues, BUT! Hooray for Arizona, and while we are at it, every whiner against this step, ship them to where ever they came from also! The best argument the idiot box relayed was a lot of U.S.A. citizens may get round up also? AND? Sure sounds like a baby step in a better direction to me. My warmest wishes and gratitude to the law makers in Arizona. Vintage Bob

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
we need 49 more to join in. if the feds are going to usurp the states rights then the states should start making it a little tougher on them. the feds path of least resistance needs a few speedbumps or even better, ROADBLOCKS

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:cool: :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Those protesting the AZ law obviously have not read it. I support AZ decision to pass a law that mirrors federal immigration law. I hope other states wise up and do the same.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I can't believe how everyone is sniveling about having to show documentation. Doesn't everybody have to show documentation? When you get on an airplane, when you go to your bank, when you rent a hotel room, when you get pulled over by a cop. Why do these illegals think they should get a free pass when the rest of us (legal citizens) have to carry proof of who we are? :coocoo:

It's a simple matter of the federal government not doing it's job. Ha! What a surprise. :think: Arizona is overrun with illegal aliens that are kidnapping and killing many of it's citizens. What are they supposed to do? They don't have a border fence like California does and they can't get the federal government to help. What are they supposed to do???

Three cheers to Arizona for stepping up and doing what's right. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Ditto....what's more is I heard a poll this morning where 66% of Americans approve and agree with AZ's new measure. The only ones gripng are the media schmucks....Chuck Todd or whatever the dood's name is had to report these numbers on TV this morning and fell visibly ill trying to contain his liberal drivel.

When I came here I had to hire a lawyer, get a sponsor etc... and show that I can support myself here. I had to register, get finger printed etc. and have to repeat that every so many years..I have to carry my docs on me...big freakin' deal...

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Arizona just keeps getting better and better! :cool:

We are now catching hell here in AZ with the passage of the "ethnic studies" law. If you haven't heard about it yet, here is a bit on it: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/edu...cle_10fb594b-cca6-5a3f-a65e-9689f1e963bb.html

For some reason the following speech seems rather appropriate IMO...

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else. The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English- Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian- Americans, or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality than with the other citizens of the American Republic. The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American."

Theodore Roosevelt
October 12, 1915

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE - A "BAD" AMERICAN
I like big cars, big hooters, and big paychecks. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, you'd better do it in English.

I'm not in touch with my feelings and I like it that way.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson preaches. And where does he get his money. And why is he always part of the problem and not the solution.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4-7 years of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God or gods, just leave the rest of us out of it. This also applies to sexuality.

I believe it's called the Boy Scouts for a reason.

I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.

My heroes are John Wayne, the Simpsons and whoever canceled Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I am freezing my ass through a long winter?

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years in the desert after getting chased out of Egypt, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you, so shut up already.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them.

I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you are breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation of the world for the next four years.

I think if you are in the passing lane, and not passing, your license should be revoked, and you should be forced to ride the bus until you promise to never delay the rest of us again.

I think beef jerky could quite possibly be the perfect food.

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement or expect my tax dollars to pay to have them removed.

I think Dr. Seuss was a genius.

I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

If that makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.

We need our country back!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
SS109 said:
Damn Patman, well said! :cool:
Not mt handiwork. Sometimes attributed to Ted Nugent and/or George Carlin but really unknown who the author was.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Pat, Robin Williams had a moment just about like what you posted, and a few more than may not have been appropriate, and it made both eyes leak, again! SS, our last GREAT president, I hope he is not rolling over in his grave? At a time when, once again the idiot box, has mentioned that over weight people are a national security issue? Why on this small fragile planet would we continue to have wide open borders and let illegals run amuck? The:They are doing jobs us over weight Americans would not do makes me ill. The illegals have been here long enough to have legal children? AND? THE FEW THAT MAKE THE RULES REALLY NEED TO WAKE UP! Give themselves pay raises, the finest health care and retirement, after a 4 year term. Who on Earth could afford THAT luxury/evil? Let all our daily product companies move abroad, "Its good business!"? And they just keep rubbing our collective faces in their self made sewage? Global warming, not very likely, global stupidity would be a better category. Wolf, now I want that yellow bike even more. Glad to kind of know you, and thank you for being you! I know nothing of immigration, But I do know my heritage! And they were not illegal immigrants!!! I sure would have hoped Cali would have clambered on board with Az, yeah that figures. I believe they were the first to snivel! Any good American drive, fly or walk east, then kick that state into the ocean, PLEASE? Or at least rinse it off. Vintage Bob

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I don't blame a Mexican for wanting to live here instead of south of the Border. But we have become a nation of wussies. We completely ignore the immigration laws, but not the freakin speeding laws because our local governments need more income due to the economic downturn. So local cops are told to hand out more tickets--to the tune of a minimum of $120 each, for going 6 mph over. And while they are collecting their $120 from a poor schlup who is working his ass off and cannot in anyway afford this, there are 10 illegals sitting in one of our emergency rooms racking up an $800 bill our state and fed governments will have to cover. Short sighted politicians. But then again, I question the sanity of anyone who wants to run for any office higher than school board member.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Wow, post # 7 was what I was going to bring up - nicely done! In addition, the same President did, in one of his speeches, talk about immigrants becoming Americans and that it was a good thing, but, once you are an American you have but one flag. None of this other flag stuff - you know what I mean. Let's face it most people may be interested in their heritage and I think that's fine. I'm of German descent, I'm interested in my Maicos, but I don't march down the street, or demand a national day in honor of "German-Americans". Glad to see you punt the ball Bob and get this discussion going. I'm in favor of the Arizona decision. I wish people would count to ten and really take the time to understand what's going on here.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My grandfather came to Canada as a wee lad from the Emerald Isle with his family. As a young teen he struck out on his own across Canada spending several years in the wilds of Yukon. He then headed south to Iowa to harvest corn a few years while returning to Canada to follow the Canadian citizenship laws since he was officially a citizen of Canada. Eventually he decided he liked the opprutunity available to him in the states so he applied to become a US citizen. Being this was his third country it took time and money but he kept at it and eventually became a US citizen. To make things even more interesting he retired early in his 50's to the Texas border with Mexico! He learned to speak a bit of the language and would cross the border for hair cuts, medications & dental work (and cheap Canadian whiskey!!!).

What's the point? Even though he was born in Ireland, became a citizen of two different countries and lived on the border of another he realized a good thing when he had it. He adapted to his new home and became a productive member of that country paying taxes and obeying the laws. He respected the chances he was given in each country but never once tried to change where he was in to where he was from. I'm sure he'd support the AZ law if he were still here today.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
RM_guy said:
I didn't know who was doing the asking (at some washington hearing) but Holder was asked if he read the AZ law...he said he did not. The guy said it was only 10 pages long and he didn't read it??? This is our current administration

Isn't that the same Eric Holder that was bashing the new law, saying it was unconstitutional? And he didn't even read it. :coocoo:

Just more of the total incompetence and arrogance of this entire administration.

These people feel empowered now. Since they shoved their healthcare bill down our throats, (most of them didn't read that either) they feel like they can do anything they like and we can't do anything about it. And, for the most part, they are right. :( Since most Americans won't stand up for their own rights or even bother to make a phone call or send a letter, we have given them free reign over our lives.

We had ALL better stand-up and make some serious changes to our government while we still can.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Arizona to show our support for their new law. We usually spend our time and money on the California central coast but, since San Fruitcisco and now Los Angeles has decided to side with the illegals, we will spend our money in Arizona. I will no longer spend so much as one dime in the $hit hole known as Los Angeles.

NOVEMBER. :cool:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Let me first say that I think it's ridiculous that people can come here to work illegally and not pay taxes, get free benefits while the American citizen gets taxed to the hilt and gets no free bennies. It doesn't make sense. :coocoo:

But someone always posts about how their wee little grand pappy came here and did the right thing and applied for citizenship. Things were certainly easier and more lax "back in the day", when the USA needed people to populate the land.

Let me run through the basic procedure today if your coming to work on your own (not coming in by marriage, USA relatives sponsoring you or other means) -

1. Apply to the Department of Labor in your state. You better have a unique skill/degree and not displace any American or they will deny you (very common). When they deny you, there is one chance for rebuttal - if you don't win, you're toast (rebuttals are usually won though)

2. When you've gone through the Department of Labor, you can now apply for your green card. If you've made it this far, you're chances are good. When you receive your green card, you can now work legally.

3. After you've held your green card for 5 years, then you can apply for citizenship. Citizenship status does not have to be renewed - you're a citizen dammit. If you choose to just keep your greencard, it has to be renewed every 10 years.

If someone today dropped down from Canada to harvest corn and "check things out", without applying for anything, they would certainly be an illegal. Or maybe even in grand pappy's day, he was technically illegal (at least for a short time), but nobody cared.

Yep, the law is law ...

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
But someone always posts about how their wee little grand pappy came here and did the right thing and applied for citizenship. Things were certainly easier and more lax "back in the day", when the USA needed people to populate the land.
Things change. Do you still ride a horse to town to pick up supplies for the month? I didn't think so. Yeah in the beginning we needed people to build this great country but now you need to bring something to the table. I know all to well the hassles in getting a work visa from another country. We recently closed a plant in Canada and one guy decided to work in the states. A lot of paper work but he has skills that we couldn't easily get elsewhere. Believe me we tried to hire someone from the US.

And yeah, the grand pappy stories are very valid, they followed the rules at the time they came into the country. As I said, things are different now but the rules still need to be followed. I’d like to see the hurdles to be a citizen in any other country. I know other countries can have tougher restrictions than we have.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I don't disagree with any of the above...yes it is hard and in some instances impossible for some to enter and work in this country legally - maybe the rules need to change...that said...does that give you the right to do it illegally? I think not.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:laugh:
Well ya' see that was the first story and a bit of a setup, true as it is. (BTW he did indeed go about working in the US harvesting corn legally).

I also happen to have a very good friend that is from Mexico. He is an architect by trade and is married with two children. Now sure it would be easy to work here illegally even in his chosen licensed & skilled trade. He didn't want that so he applied for his green card and came to the US all the while working thru the system to get his family here as well. He would travel back to see them a few times a year and they would visit him as well all within the legal bounds. Eventually his wife who works as a nurse was accepted as well so his family purchased a home here. They continued their travel thru the legal process of becoming citizens spending years filling out papers, being interviewed, spending money, paying their house and car payments to US companies. All the while paying taxes to the government. They all try very hard to learn the language and customs of their new community and do very well at it. At one point his wife and family had to return to Mexico for several months as her visa was about to expire. Again more time apart and more money spent but that hurdle was overcome as well. Recently they were approved to become US citizens and while he is a very rabid Mexico National Soccer team supporter (he played on the team in his youth) he is also very much a US citizen.

So I'm also very familiar with the current situation of getting citizenship. Not as easy as grandpa had it for sure but still not the impossible climb it's made out to be.

Care to hear about my friends from the UK or Germany? Yes they also went thru the hoops and achieved their goal also. I have a buddy from mainland China as well.

The point is no matter how the rules change there is no reason ignoring them is the right thing to do.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Wolf said:
I don't disagree with any of the above...yes it is hard and in some instances impossible for some to enter and work in this country legally - maybe the rules need to change...that said...does that give you the right to do it illegally? I think not.
Yeah, the rules do need to change but not in the way of allowing more immigrants. If you haven't seen this vid please watch it as it will shed some light on the legal immigration problem we have. Remember, it doesn't even cover the additional problem of illegal immigrants!

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=5871651411393887069&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
OK.I'm already in, so lets drop the immigration rate to zero. :p Canada should follow suit.

California elected that immigrant named Arnie to the position as governor of the second largest economy in the world. I wonder what his qualifications to immigrate were? Was it because he had nice muscles and could enter into Mr. Universe contests and make good money? I heard he fixed chimneys when he wasn't showing off his pecs.

It's no surprise that the land of fruits and nuts elected muscle boy to the position.

We can't control illegal immigration, so we'll go after those who try to immigrate legally. But first we'll grant 12 million illegals amnesty (citizenship). :coocoo:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Dancing around an illegal situation of any sort is just dumb, no excuses, pay the price. Suck it up and be a responsible human being. I have heard tell, that a legal alien will get more funds, from our government, a monthly benefit, than a natural citizen that has worked their entire life for social security benefits. What more could an immigrant want/need? They probably cover that also. So what are the illegals agenda that is a better option? Flat out stealing and fraud for starters, and that would follow most criminal profiles wouldn't it? Just like the gold rush days, come pillage and split. Vintage Bob

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
. I have heard tell, that a legal alien will get more funds, from our government, a monthly benefit, than a natural citizen that has worked their entire life for social security benefits.

Where did you hear that and why? Is this just more hate mongering?

I better not post in this thread anymore, politcs and religion are taboo on DRN (for good reason). :nod:

Top Bottom