whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
This weekend really motivated me to write this letter and knowing that there is probually a higher chance of Okie reading it here than in an email or PM here goes:

Okie,
Thank you for what you have done here with DRN, this forum is to me, and has to be to you, much more than just an avenue of information. What you have created here is a family. Though I have only been a member here for a few months, during this time I have been to tracks or trails five times now where I have met and had a chance to further a friendship with other DRN members. The conversation always reflects our exposure with various threads and whatever common link we had to it as well as our commitment to ditr riding. When arriving at a ride there is always a great atmosphere and a sense of welcome and comfort when you see them: and when others come over to say hello: just because of your fender stickers. Jokes and kind hearted ribbing online are carried over to the gathering, help is offered without even the need to ask. Tools, bikes, food, gas, encouragement, just about anything is shared with the southern members that I have met through this forum. I thank them as well, and count them a good friends that I look forward to seeing on the next ride. I just thought that in this busy world that we live in, I would thank you, and those that you have recruited for the great job you have done here and let you know this site; and your work to make and keep this site what it is, is well worth the lifetime membership I’m happy to be "investing in"!

Thank you,
David Peterson
(96whyzee125)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Amen 96whyzee125
I could not have said it better........Okie.......Thank you for this site!!!!!!!!!
Members one and all.......We are brothers.......To the core........Pre mix is the scent.......Oil is the blood.........But Dirt bonds us all!
Love to all!
IrishEKU..........AKA.........Phillip

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Three cheers for Okie also.

I have lost count on the number of people I have met and gone riding with because of this site.

Also many of my summer vacation rides and new riding places where found here.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Ditto! I've met and ridden with 50+ people as a result of this site. I ride regularly with at least a dozen. Now I get email invites to go ride all over California/Oregon and the list of people I meet just keeps growing. Imagine that!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thanks from the mods and myself! It's an understament to say we're proud of it and proud to be a part of such an awesome group of people.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
This place really has something special. A week or so ago, a couple dozen of us were in an AIM chat room, and it was neat. A group of people from all around the country that rode dirtbikes. But we weren't united because of the bikes, we were talking because of DRN...very good job Okie

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Oh I also forgot to mention about all the nice things the members here at DRN have done for be in the past.

yzeater, let me know when the next group chat is. That was sure alot of fun ganging up on Mark.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I am also a fairly new member and the information and assistance I have taken from this site is spectacular. I am very proud to be lucky enough to have found this site and spread the gospel at every opportunity. I am seriously jealous of all those who have organized rides from this forum as so far I have only found 1 other rider in my area of the world (where'd ya go Zook250?) on this board. A congrats and heartfelt thanks to Okie and all the mods!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Bravo Okie. Good letter Dave. I "met" Dave here on DRN thanks to you Okie. Dave is a really fantastic guy and we hit it right off when we met at the track. He gave me a hand checking the compression on my bike and we both messed around with the jetting until my bike ran right. He even gave me a jet and a can of air filter oil. I really like everyone I've met here on DRN, they are all the nicest of people. Even when I crashed at TNT, Gomers wife, Ivans wife, Ivan himself were all concerned about how I was and they all helped make sure I was OK before I left. Gomer even said that had I driven to the track myself, he would have had me stay at his house for the night until I was OK to drive. All of those people had only met me a few hours before.

I really appreciate this place. :) :) :)

Top Bottom