Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now the ?...

elvismx

Oct 8, 2000
Glad to see this forum!!!
I would be interested to hear recommendations for rear shocks for my 73 CR's. I have a hodgepodge of stuff that was on them, which includes two unknown shocks that are trash, two worn-out stockers, one good stocker and one Koni. Gotta do something! Any experiences or suggestions?

------------------
'96 CR250R, two '73 CR250M Elsinores

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I believe both Works Performance and Progressive can sell you new stuff. Works will build them custom for you to maximize travel to the 4" max for Vintage competition.

Progressive has reasonably priced options for my Bultaco of that era. Bet they have options for your Honda.

elvismx

Oct 8, 2000
Thanks, I've talked to Works already. I was wondering about shocks that I saw a LOT of at a vintage race last summer. They had an "R" cast into the heatsink area, and I think someone said they were "Redlines" or "Redwings". There sure were a bunch of guys running them. Anyone know anything about them?

------------------
'96 CR250R, two '73 CR250M Elsinores

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
Elvis, those are Redwings, made by Showa as I recall (if anybody knows different, say so). Far as I know, not being made any longer in any style, although you can probably find rebuilt versions out there with enough searching. As shocks go, they were adequate at best, but nothing to rave about. Really, it's much simpler to go with either Works or Progressive as both are good products and modern. The Works are a little pricier, but the popular favorite.

------------------
'81 490 Maico (King Kong!), 2000 CR250, 74-1/2 GP400 Maico, buncha street stuff

Top Bottom