Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
On behalf of Mike and I and the entire LMC organization I wanted to thank everyone from MTR that came up this weekend and helped with trail maint. We got done in 1 weekend what has taken us 3-4 weekends to do in the past! :cool:

It was so easy haveing several guys just drag out trees instead of cutting them, you all did a great job and you don't know how much we appreciate your help.

Don, Brent, Dewayne, Tim, Ian, Neil and Talon.
THANKS!!!!!!!! :nod:

Fred

(I hope I didn't miss any one!)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I agree 100%! Having that many people made the work go much quicker. It allowed us to have more chase trucks - which we needed to find the lost riders. We finished up Higgins Lake on Sunday and we just have some minor "touch ups" on the cross state connector.
Thanks to the club members and especially the MTR members (including TCT) who volunteered their time this weekend.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
What a bang up job. Couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with Saturday. Hey Don, sorry about running you over Sat. morning with the death quad! Gonna have to hook an anchor to the back of that piece of crap to get it to stop.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Fred T said:
On behalf of Mike and I and the entire LMC organization I wanted to thank everyone from MTR that came up this weekend and helped with trail maint.

You are most welcome……..I had a great time “riding the Husky” for a change. I even got a chance to ride on the back of Fred’s bike while carrying the Husky! I am so glad that there was no one around to capture that moment with a picture!

I had a great time cruising around with Brian looking for fallen trees and missing stop signs. We even managed to spot some mushrooms from the truck!

Oh, and thanks to TCT for the beer! :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
What a great time, even though I felt I had a big target on my back. Nick running me over with a "death quad" Freddie trying to take me out after helping him hold his bike to start it. Got to do some riding with freinds plus got some work done, drinking everyones beers .....priceless.
It sure made the trip to New York & back long.
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
dang it

:bang: I knew I would for get some one -how could I forget the MAYOR! i GAVE ALL HIS BEER AWAY TOO! Thanks Denny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Bryan also but he didn't do anything anyhow.
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Don Marsh said:
It sure made the trip to New York & back long.
Don
Gotta keep momma happy. The club phone rang in the middle of the LMC meeting and we figured it was the nazi looking for you...nope.

Don, thanks for the use of your truck as a chase truck. It was VERY helpful when we misplaced Neal and Talon. Two trucks were to go on a search and we still had Brian/Tim available to chase the other riders.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Bryan also but he didn't do anything anyhow.
Don

:bang: Missed another one. He did too do something- he was whining all day about having to take all the fun stuff out of the trails.

But we will have some sweet new singletrack for Jackpine again this year!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
He wasn't the only one. What we did goes against all that makes up a woods rider!!!!
Don

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Don Marsh said:
He wasn't the only one. What we did goes against all that makes up a woods rider!!!!
Don

Progress does not allways come easy. Freddy giving away my beer was funny, but Freddy showing me how wide 40" at handlebar hight was not. Cutting out the good stuff was difficult. Making that section into Enduro trail was much better than converting it to Certified ORV Single Track specifications.

racer493

Mar 30, 2003
Hey Thanks Dad. I Was Just Following Your Example All Day. And Yes I Was Whining About Taking All The Fun Out Of The Trail But I Will Get Over It Once I Get To Help Put In That New Jackpine Trail This Year

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Progress does not allways come easy. Freddy giving away my beer was funny, but Freddy showing me how wide 40" at handlebar hight was not. Cutting out the good stuff was difficult. Making that section into Enduro trail was much better than converting it to Certified ORV Single Track specifications.

I shed a few tears when removing some of my favorite log jumps as well. I'm gonna miss those logs.......... :think:

Top Bottom