Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I went down to PA this past weekend to finally pick up my scoot from MrMXer327. To refresh everyones memory, he drove my bike out to OK for me, and since DW has stored my bike at his house waiting patiently for me to come pick it up.
It was a looong day Started at 5am and finished up at about 1:30 am the next day with about 900 miles Traveled.

When we got there, all of the red clay had been washed off of my 500, and it was waiting patiently in the driveway for me.
"I remember that", said MrMXer looked in the back of my pickup and recognized my 84 500; My nephew who now owns it, made the trip with me.

Well, we unloaded his bike, geared up, and hit his mx track.
:yeehaw:.
We had a blast. Dave, my nephew, was in heaven. There were plenty of opportunities for him to put his bike in the air. MrMXer took a couple of laps to show us how it was done. Even with several ruptured disks, he was tearing it up. :worship:

After riding, we cleaned up, and met his family. Too soon it seems, it was time for us to leave. As we were saying our goodbyes, Steve handed me a plaque from Dirtweek for being the farthest Traveled. :)
Thanks Steve for making DW happen for me. I hope to see you up here in the spring to go see a National. That goes for you too Lorin.

Thank you all.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thank you both. That is what the DRN family is all about.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
That is so cool that you got to ride together! If it wasn't for dirtweek....

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Glad you could make the trip just to get pantsed!:moon::)

B

biglou

Next year. Yes, next year. Victory shall be mine. MINE I SAY! Muwahahaa... :debil:
(Anyone buying this?)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by justql
I garauntee you I won't vote against New England anymore. :|

Ahhhh....A lesson Learned! :thumb:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm mad at you two! Dont bother to ask me to ride with you. Oh just because i'm hurt is no excuss. You let Steve ride hurt, why cant i!! :)

Glad you three had fun playing on the track. What happened to bring the Mrs?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
PK, truely glad you were able to make the trek to DW02. At DW01 I watched the team HS at the south end of the corn field. I have a pic somewhere of you coming thru that BIG mudhole, I swear I saw you grinning behind your chin guard.:) Glad you got to see your first real live dead armadillo(sp?){opposum on the half shell}. Maybe you can get the Mrs. and your nephew to tag along next year.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
PK...I don't think I've ever been properly thanked for all the help I gave you in that race with Big Lou!

(No, really, cash is fine...you don't need to write a check unless you want to...)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You were wearing sooo many hats that week; crisis mediator, flagger, autograph seeker! ;) It was hard to keep track of what I had thanked you for.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
As I was throwing fuel on the already raging fire, I was wondering if I would feel guilty when/if you actually ripped Elk's head from his body.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
when/if you actually ripped Elk's head from his body.

:eek: :)

And what was the cause of these psychopathic thoughts?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Gomer, let me tell ya, you are one good crisis mediator!;) The sign above your office reads, "Stir the pot crisis mediators".

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Quite literally as I witnessed.

Top Bottom