Brownie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for coming. This last week was so fun! I would be honored if you wanted to do DW '03 here and I got a year to make improvments (trails, facilities, etc). Thanks to all of you who set up the trails and grass track, I owe you guys, I had no idea trails could be that much fun and wait till you see what Guy and I come up with for next year (if you want to come back). Thanks again and it was nice getting to meet you all!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Thanks for having us! You certainly have a great place Chris, and the work you put into it is amazing. You were an excellent host and it was fun to watch you ride. I hope that we'll be there again next year. DW will be all grown up by then. :)

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Chris,
Man thank you so much for all of the hard work that you put in while we were there. The track and grounds were great. Its nice to have a place to go where someone loves to ride as much as you do. Again Thanks. :thumb:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Even though you ride a fruity bike..... You put on one hell of an event! There are only two track owners (that I have run across) that I would consider experts at listening and catering to riders and spectators. You're one of the two! You are a class act and prep a track like no one that I have seen! Thanks for the great memories!

I'm gonna drag out Sarge's little dude and pay homage to ya! :worship:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Kris,
Thanks for having us! Gotta say, I've yet to see an owner work harder to make everyone happy. Promise to take it a little easier on Thump and we just may be back next year :p

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Kris, you're awesome!! :worship:

I hope we have DW'03 at Cooperland because I had an awesome time on the track and out in the woods. Cooperland has EVERYTHING!! Thanks for hanging out with us down in the pits. You're an amazing young dude and you've accomplished quite a lot more than most at your age. :thumb:

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Thanks for having us Chris, riding at Cooperland was more than perfect. I would LOVE to come back next year.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Brownie, just tell me when you wanta work on trials and I'll be there and have a crew of workers as well. Just ask Coop about our abilities. He's seen our work at the 500 during the enduro. ;)

Great job. You did good!!

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
hey, you think you could move Cooperland like a thousand miles my way? it would be much more convenient! I cant wait to come back, for sure thats the best track ive ever ridden!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You were the perfect host! Thank you for making my DW experience a great one. Next year I'll do the stepup. . . yeah right!;)
I still wanna drive the dozer! :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
great design for a track! the sheer quantity of dirt required would prevent most people from making more than about 1 or 2 jumps like that!

Gotta love the two camel back shaped jumps...like a small step up with a final ramp at the end! Also the big step up!

The small double in the section behind the starting gate was great practice for turning a bit while jumping.

Great job!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Brownie - Thanks for a wonderful time. Some would say that I didn't learn a thing about your trails or track ... (I did ride 20 minutes) that is true, but I did enjoy your facilities, (Some could have been closer ...) anything I can do to help achieve the facility of your dreams ... count on it.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
You rule! Thanks for taking the time to talk to me during the cornering class. I really hope we can come back next year. Riding at Cooperland was a dream come true for me.

I still can't believe it's over. :whiner:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Kris,

I never really got a chance to talk you much (probably becasue you were so busy taking care of us, the track & everything else) but i would like to thank you for a great week of riding. :thumb:

It was great seeing all of our DRN gang together & your facility was a fantastic place to have DW02'.

It all happened so fast! I know i'll have postpartum depression for the next week or so. :whiner:

colem

Mod Ban
Sep 29, 2002
DW was great! Must say I wasnt too impressed with the trail system however. The event was coordinated well but i think allowing quads for next year would double the fun!

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Kris,
Helluva Job! :aj: I've had the pleasure of riding Cooperland from the transition from the Coopers, to the Reeds, to your capable hands. You've given Cooperland the time Cooper's busy schedule wouldn't allow and the racer-first priority the Reeds didn't care to provide. As we were pullin' out Sat. my boy (#141) said, "Man, I love that track!" then, "Dad? When are we comin' back to Cooperland? Do you know when their next race is? Are they having practice TOMORROW?"
Thanks, Kris!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
^^^^^ it would also double the width of the trails ..... Ambulances need a LOT of room ... The trails only lacked for attention. There is some great terrain. Some 30 or 40 foot stream crossings would have been nice ....
Brownie, name the date and I'll bring the tools.I bet I can get a few of the trails oriented HS and NTSP guys!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey Brownie - it was a pleasure meeting you! Sweet track! And damn you're one fast dude, too! We had a great time down there and would do it again in a heartbeat. Just take maybe 3-5 feet off that step-up landing so I can do it next year will ya? ;)

If you ever make it up this way for any races - let us know. Heck - maybe we'll see ya at your regional next year!

Thanks for being such a great host :thumb:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
The thanks should go to you brownie! Great facility. I know that you worked realy hard on the keeping the track watered and prepped. Heck you even did a rain dance to get us a little water for the harescrable;) I had an awsome time. I'm not much of a track rider. It did play alot on the mini track. I hurt my knee before I got the guts to get on the big track. It was the first track I have ever been on. I loved the woods loop and grass track. I realy wished there was more of it. I am more of a trail rider than a mx guys. I'm glad that you found another aspect to riding. I would love to see the event at your place next year. Like it was said above its great to see an owner of a place that love riding as much as you do! I would love to see what you and Guy come up with for the woods next year (just don't make it to hard on us slow guys :eek: ). Creek crossing and hills are great fun :yeehaw:

Thanks again man :aj:

B

biglou

Kris-You da man! :cool: Just say the word and the KCRiders will be down there to help you guys with any trail work along with the Heartland Spodes. Thanks for a great week. I would love to have DW03 at Cooperland! :thumb:

Oct 10, 2000
Hey Kris,
Has the mud hole up by the house dried up yet?

Had a great time and nice meeting you, thanks for helping pack up the pro clean dudes area and might see ya next year. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
DW'03 at Cooperland where only the owner is Brown!
You bet I'm all over that!! You have a super sweet setup and are the first track owner I've ever run across that actually listens to the riders. We do have to talk a little bit about some trials (not trails, ask Guy about the seatless bike thing ;) ). It's a little bit of a haul but I'd be up for a long weekend trip to help make improvements (and ride) :)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Thanks a ton Chris, tracks was absolutely awesome, woods were a blast, and that grass track was too much fun. I can only hope get to make it back up there and do it again........

Top Bottom