Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I won't name all the names (okay, so maybe I will, but damn me, I know I'll leave someone out), you all (sorry forgot I moved back to OK.. :"Ya'll") know who you are! There has been a TON of work this year putting it all together, phone time is huge, personal time given-up to make DirtWeek better than ever.

Thanks to the sponsors.. based on the number of folks coming this year, looks like everyone will go home with sompin'. We've got Jeff at MX South dealing with Hurricaines, but still finds a way to get stuff to us, out of the boarded-up shop...

Special thanks go out to me Bro Thump, even though he's nailed to the floor busy these days, he put it out for DW, Big Time. He lives for this stuff and it shows.

Pokie: The guy just keeps banging those sponsors, banging the details and working with:

Crispy and Shiftless (my sister and mom!), putting all the details down, and making sure it all goes smooth... all the detail stuff I run from; you two rock! When you sit there at the end of the day and reflect on how well everything went that day... thank Crispy, Shiftless and Pokie. Despite me, they make it run well :)

Will Pattison, the guy gives it up for DirtWeek and actually understands DirtWeek... not there to take advantage of the captive group, but understands how cool it all is and just wants to be a part of it and make it better <--- Tucker Rocky "GET'S IT".

Billy Frank? What can I say, he spear-headed the first major sponsorship of DirtWeek, getting Asterisk involved; he helped move it to the next level; without Asterisk on-board, getting all the other big names would have never happened. Thanks for believing bro! Now he's back with his own company... and of course in deep with DW.

All the DRN Moderators that provide the muscle and input thru-out the year (and at DW) to make DW better... most people don't know how much work goes into this and that it all starts the day after the last DW ends... DRN is it's moderators and so is DirtWeek. They all work it, for nothing more than the love of the sport.

Kris Brown (Cooperland) for being the hardest working "kid" on the planet, making Cooperland the Dirt Bike Mecca we all enjoy so much. There are MAJOR improvements this year, Coop tells me Kris has been hard at it all year. Those that have seen him at work know... it's got to be something to look forward to.

I could go on and on.. I'll also thank Scooter for putting up with me, she's always there, no matter what.

Usually I write something like this after the event... but this year, just couldn't wait. I KNOW how good it's going to be, becuase I KNOW how much has gone into it by so many.

Let's party. Salute.

Last edited:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Too true Okie. I sent out emails to all the sponsors, but a huge thanks to all the behind the scenes people you mentioned that make this event what it is.

This is what I look forward to every year and I know it's no small feat. Thanks again guys. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I admire the effort & passion that you, & the rest of DRN, put in each year to make DW an epic event. I imagine next year will be a shorter week for us because the kid starts high school, but I bet we are there for some of DW05!

I don't even attempt to explain to the people that don't understand why DW is so appealing each year that I would even consider spending a week in a field with a bunch of "dirty motorcycles riders" I met off the internet. Thank God they all don't understand, Cooperland couldn't handle that many people and I know Camp Texas would run out of food.

See ya in a little more than a week my brothers & sisters. :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thank You All!!!! Giddy Up!

Top Bottom