Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
I am going to Jawbone with the family. I have a green and white 22' Jamboree RV pulling a 14' black flatbed trailer. I'll be camped near the green mountain. I am going out Friday morning. You guys stop by and say hi... then, let's go riding!!

Jimbo

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I've booked a motel in Westmoreland (30 minutes from Ocotillo). There's no turning back now. :aj:

WhiteDiesel

Feb 20, 2003
Anybody see that guy getting chased by the rangers, in his little car?? He was flying up cahuilla trail, turned right past hidden valley, and high centered on a sand hill. Then he jumped out and ran right through our camp, of course we dog piled him. The rangers hauled him away and never told us what he was wanted for.

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Didn't see that one. What day was that? I did see a sheriff suburban at a camp near the bathrooms when I was leaving. Looked like they were arresting people. I was out there Saturday and had a blast. Only dumped the bike a couple times. :)

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I think everyone that came out to Ocotillo had a good time, I know I did. Good friends, good riding, good weather, and good food, who could ask for anything more? :thumb:  I think I witnessed most of the get-offs except Mike's. Holeshot had one minor fall on the shell reef, Scar gave everyone a lesson in how not to adjust your dampener through a berm track (ouch), Jim took the revine head on after missing his brake, and Rex showed the results of a little too much throttle while rooting the hillside. I had two slow speed get-offs from washing out the front tire then the back tire and both time Scar had the front row seats on those. But, everyone was able to walk away and get back riding so it was a great weekend. Now, I'll have to start planning for the next trip. :yeehaw:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Great riding - I was whipped after the three rides I went on, but it brought the old muscles back to life (even though I was freaking sore for two days). It was also fun sponging turkey from Tree and cherry pie from Desert Racer. Scar and a few others joined in later (those quads sure kick up dust).

A good time. :thumb:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Ocotillo was a great time. We really enjoyed hanging out with everybody. Re: my berm get off, it's always nice to get that out of the way 1 minute into the ride within 100yards of camp! :moon: It's just like crashing in turn 1 during a moto, it's a great way to start your day.

Thanks to Rex and Angie for bailing us out on dinner Sat night.

Top Bottom