Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I was just wondering what everyone was planning (Dirt riding related) for the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm still up in the air of where to go camping. I may go to Ocotillo but also was thinking of trying someplace new. Any ideas?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I was either going to Ocotillo or Jawbone. Haven't decided which. If the people who invited us to Ocotillo come through, we'll probrably be there with the family.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i'll be riding up in Las Vegas, but was thinking of dropping off the trailer at gordons wells on the way to vegas, doing the turkey thing then going back to gordons for the rest of the weekend.

WhiteDiesel

Feb 20, 2003
Ocotillo. Supposedly gonna be 35 Rv's and about 70 people in the group I was invited to go with. I won't know anybody, except my little brother I'm bringing out.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I'll be at the RHR fund raising event in Lucerne, I hope they ave a good turn out.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I'll be at Dove springs, possible Jawbone, but we prefer Dove springs.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Not sure--Turkey day reserved for family stuff, but weekend before and after Thanksgiving day is a possibility

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Dove springs, I may be out there as early as Tues. probably do alot of riding in Kelso valley, does anyone know if there is any snow? If anyone is out there we should go for a ride.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It looks like I'm 80% sure we're going to go to Ocotillo Wells. I plan on heading down Weds. morning and staying through Sun. If anyone else is planning on going there let me know so we can get together. I plan on&nbsp;staying at&nbsp;hidden valley camp, its less crowded and there is some pretty good riding to the east and north. :thumb:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Heck Im not sure what the plan is at this point. I was thinking either Red Mountain (Trona) or Stoddard Wells. Depending on the work schedule and the famaily plans I might be up to trying something new.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I just got finished preping the bikes and the motorhome is halfway loaded. I'm heading out as early as possible on Tues. (4:00pm most likely). If anyone decides to go just stop by Hidden valley camp and look for the 32' winnebego light tan and gold, and a KTM525 Exc and KX100. :yeehaw:

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Im out 2morrow afternoon !st day off in over a month. We will be at Dove Springs in the same spot as always my friends are already back there and the road has been plowed. I will probably ride over to Jawbone and look for you guys. If anyone else is at Dove I ride a yz250 FMF graphics and 1x #plates.

WhiteDiesel

Feb 20, 2003
I'll look for ya Tree. There is supposed to be now 75+ RV's and 200 people in the group. I'll be in a (suprise) white Silverado diesel, with a YZ450F and TTR125 next to it. I guess we will be past the cabanas over the second ridge.

Wednesday afternoon, I can't wait.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Sound good Mike I'll be looking for you. White Diesel or anyone else if you get a chance look for our camp. I'll also have a DRN plaque in the Motorhome window so you'll know it's me. I'm outta here!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :thumb:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'll be there Friday AM with the Family in tow. Look for my Blue van and custom pop up tent trailer. KTM 300MXC with #28 on it. Tree I'll try and meet you and Rex at you camp. Do you know the name of the road your turning off the 78 onto? If not we'll use the force. See you Friday.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
scar tissue, If i'm right it's just past the bluInn going east. Look for the turnoff to the left and follow the road out to the outhouses and the palapas (sp?). I think the road is called hidden Valley rd, but can't be sure. I haven't been there in a year. I use to camp on down the road (north) of the camp area just south of the mud hills. When you get to OW, just drive east past the airstrip and the countyline, on east to the bluInn area and look for the turn to the north left side of the road. You can run some good 50 plus mile loops out of that place on down south into the Flat-tailed horn lizard managment area, just stay clear of the military lands.

I don't know if I can ride this weekend, got to check with the family and all. I was thinking the Cahuilla creek track. Haven't been there in longtime, but OW is always fun and close too. I may head out that way Friday or Sat, and look for you guys.

If not I'm off to the track if I'm lucky.

Ed

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I was thinking about Ocotillo Thursday afternoon also, but I've been so flakey lately - who knows? ;)

According to the maps I have (I need more than one to figure it out) Hidden Valley camp should be just off Cahuilla Trail. I can't say for sure what the turnoff name would be. Approximate GPS coordinates would be N 33º 08.5’ and W 116º 02.5’. Desert Ironwoods is already booked, so I’d have to sleep in the truck (no way I would go just for one day).

Here’s the maps-

http://www.desertusa.com/ovr/du_trailmap.html

and

http://www.sdorc.org/ohvareas/o_wells/owtmap2.jpg

The force never works for me, I have to fly by instrument. I’ll give myself about a 65% chance of making it. :thumb:

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Turn left on the Cahuilla trail dirt road. Take the road a ways. You'll crest the first hill and going down the other side will drop you down into the hidden valley camp area. I believe you'll see a bathroom there.

Top Bottom