Thanx So Cal Suspension and MX-Tech

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Finally had the forks on my KLX300 revalved by Steve Brice at SoCal Suspension, an affiliate of MX-Tech. Steve (and Jeremy initially) listened to what I was looking for, asked some more questions, sent me a box and took it from there.

The forks were delivered back when promised with no surprises or "unexpected" charges. As for how they work, I've only ridden on them once at Glen Helen last weekend. The track was both muddy and baked, with lots of lovely ruts to keep things interesting. All I can say is that I didn't think about the forks all day. The bike just did its thing, handling the ruts, jumps, etc without drama or surprises. My last time on that track with stock forks was absolutely frightening, with the front end constantly bottoming and trying to rip the bars out of my hands.

I had no desire to tinker with them, as I wanted to get an idea of their performance out of the box. Will try a fast trail ride soon and see how that goes, but expect the same results. Goofing around in the pits, I couldnt even feel small to medium sized rocks that used to deflect the wheel. And I know that if something isn't quite right, Steve will take care of it.

Mark:cool:

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I had Steve do the revalve and service on my KTM's shock. Outstanding service and work. He will get all my suspension work from now on. Glad you found dealing with Steve as good as I did.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Here ya go,

MX-TECH SUSPENSION ASSOCIATE
So Cal Suspension Service LLC.
Steve Brice
31500 Grape St. #3-292
Lake Elsinore, CA 92532
909-246-9669
866-444-9669Toll Free - Orders Only
STEVBRICE@aol.com

For my shock the service, revalve, and new spring was around $270.

Last edited:

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Total cost on mine, including shipping was around $260. This included valves, labor, materials, etc as well. He even sent me the box.

Mark

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
Dan,

Did you ever get the "new" piston put in yours. I'm interested in hearing how it was compared to stock vs. after just the revalve then the revalve with the piston...

Top Bottom