Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
From RacerX:

March 07, 2006

Well, that didn't last long

Travis Pastrana crashed in the first turn of the Orange Crush GNCC outside of Daytona and punched a hole in his radiator, which led to a short race for the former AMA 125cc National Motocross Champion, East Region Supercross Champion, and multi-time X Games gold medalist. That's the bad news. The good news is that he did not get hurt, and the Cernic's Racing/Red Bull/199 Suzuki rider will be entering the dirt track later this week at Municipal Stadium right outside Daytona.

As for the GNCC, five-time series champion Rodney Smith, who crashed with Pastrana off the start, also had a short day and DNF'd after a big crash. Defending champion Juha Salminen is leading on his KTM after the first hour, followed by Charlie Mullins and Shane Watts.

Last year's winner, Doug Henry, is not competing this time around.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Kawidude said:
From RacerX:
March 07, 2006
As for the GNCC, five-time series champion Rodney Smith, who crashed with Pastrana off the start, also had a short day and DNF'd after a big crash.
See! That's a bad omen for RC or JS. He'll take one of them out guarantee! :|

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
This is how he keeps his name in the news. Some do it by winning races or being a contender. Pastrana does it by being a douchebag.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I don't get it with TP... He pushes way to hard off the start of these distance races... He did it at his first Ensburg Ralley, The Glen Helen 24 hour, now this GNCC... Maybe because he's sort of semi retired, he gets too excieted or something, and just pushes way too hard, to get out front and lead the whole thing... At the 24 hour I went out to watch and Travis lasted about three laps... He was out before I arrived :bang:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Chili said:
Are you really this ignorant? If so please elaborate on what makes Pastrana a douchebag?

Douche may be a little harsh, but come on...when was the last time the kid finished a race? Everytime he rides, he rides like he stole it, then crashes his brains out! Hard to call him anything non-derogatory when it's bike related.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
jboomer said:
when was the last time the kid finished a race?

He's finished many of his Rally Races in the past year as a promising rookie in the sport which now holds his attention. I don't get the derogatory slams on a kid who is likely the most famous MX'er of the modern generation. Sure most of us are disappointed the kid didn't win multiple SX championships. But I can assure you from meeting Travis you will not find a finer young man and no better a spokesperson for the sport.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I Think Travis' only problem is/was, he doesn't know where his limit is. He's found it several times :laugh: just never remembers where it was :coocoo:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
jboomer said:
when was the last time the kid finished a race?

Believe TP finished Baja recently.......I think I read their team finished 4'th, but was disqualified for forgetting to mount a GPS.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Jeff Howe said:
Pastrana does it by being a douchebag.

I couldn't disagree more. While Travis may not always be a podium finisher (or even a race finisher), it is always exciting when Travis is on the track or in the stadium.

Travis dances to his own tune. It doesn't make him a d/b, it just makes him unique. I look forward to seeing him on TV at Daytona, and on his CMT TV special.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
If TP was a rookie, people would say (about his crashing) 'He's young and needs to mature'. However he has made his name by being flamboyant and pushing the limits. If we didn't have guys like him that tried double backflips, so others can then copy and elaborate on, then freestyle motocross would consist of no more than your local stunt team, jumping 5 cars! Wow! When is he ever boring to watch? That's why he can't string championships together, because he is always taking risks, always the first to do something. TP crashes his brains out because he rides his heart out. No-one even thought a backflip was possible 5 years ago. Ok, you could credit Hart and Metz with the very first, but TP seems to add a bit more glitz don't ya think? How could you ever mature with that life?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But I can assure you from meeting Travis you will not find a finer young man and no better a spokesperson for the sport.
Not to mention going out of his way to get to a hospital to see a fallen DRN'er (CobraKid) on our request. No, he wasn't in town either.

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
The way I interperted that read was that Pastrana didn't CAUSE the crash, he was just in it. Maybe he just has bad luck? Anyways, I think Pastrana is awesome....I hope he keeps doing everything he does in his own style.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Bad luck are you kidding.... he is the poster child for bad luck!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom