That's it. Brown is officially off my "A" list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
dirty players

this holds true for every sport usually. there are always those great athletes that still resort or are noted as being "dirty" Some people unfortunately will do whatever it takes to get them to their selfish goal, which is the reason to race, but it is also to have fun. I agree with the majority here that banging bars and things happen, but when a trend develops to enhighten ones objective and possibly threaten others, that is not good...Its like pitchers throwing deliberately at the head, its like football players grabbing groins at the bottom of the pile.. and you know what happens, fights break out.. is that what we want? do we want wwf crap going on?example-highlights on espn of the fonz going over with some other riders and bumrushing brown? or some derainged fan attacking him for stuff like this? i dont want to see that, i want to see highlights on espn period, the good exposure...
Racing is racing, but you gotta remember if there is no one else to race with, there is no race. Karma usually prevails, and Brown will probably get his, if not on the track, with a reputation... And some may say that they like that kind of racing, do they or do they like Brown and approve of it for they like him... I mean, if you were getting plowed, or T-boned race, then again, it would peeve you to... and you know the other riders know whats going on...Luckily the rest of the riders know what sportsmanship is and hasnt resulted into this WWF action....Just Imagine, Brown going into a berm and getting knocked over by the Yamaha of Troy team... I wouldnt want that. But people supporting riders for their dirty actions and not their abilities have twisted thoughts.... Brown is a very talented rider and doesnt need to do that...How much more does it gain him?
And the post about the riders making the outcome over the bike is totally true. there was 10 250f's at budds creek, and only the YOT were really noticeable...the rest being privateers... At the pro level, riders make the difference, 100%...
In my case though, I will take my 250F over my former RM125 any day, any time... later.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
i saw the move, too, and while i cringed, i'm not assuming brown is a dirty rider as a result. it amazes me that by simply watching an instant replay that so many observers decide that they can read someone's thoughts. the bottom line is, no one will ever know if brown did what he did on purpose. when langston took out bonds at hangtown, the look-back certainly made it appear that it was calculated. THAT'S dirty.

while i'm certainly not as fast as brown, i do know that at times, it's all you can do to get it hauled down in time to avoid disaster, or change directions quickly enough to prevent a crash. it seems like a split second to all of us, but the fact is that if a guy like brown is actually moving twice as fast as you, he really does have very little time to correct. have any of you folks badmouthing him stopped to think that maybe he did the best he could and - unfortunately for fonzie - just came up short??

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
That's a good question. How many that disagree with Brown's move thought Langston's was OK?

They seem the same to me.:think

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
As far as Brown is concerned, it's the pattern of taking somebody out every race that I see as a problem. I record them on ESPN2, and he's trying to set some kind of record. I don't know what to say about the Langston vs. Bonds thing, except that he was retaliating for Bonds' dangerous riding. I'm not saying it was the best thing to do, and I don't think he was expecting Bonds to crumple like a Raggedy Ann doll, either.:scream:

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
i've had someone take my front wheel out at 40 mph before, and let me tell you, if you look as good as raggedy anne when it happens, you're lucky!

wp.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As Natester mentioned, it's a recurring theme with Brown. Every race? He's either dirty or wildly out of control. Which one is better for the riders around him?

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
Brown's riding this year reminds me strongly of Vohland year before last when he seemd wildly out of control. Or, was it last year? I'm too old to remember trivial things like which year something in particular happened. At any rate, the incident at Unadilla certainly "appeared" to be intentional, although, that's not for me to judge. If Brown has become the rider he appears to be, he'll quickly become a marked man. I seem to recall an old adage about living by the sword. Since he caught Fonseca, I don't see why he couldn't setup a cleaner passing opportunity since Fonseca was going wide so often? Brown can rail a turn this year better than anyone I've seen.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
transworld mx article

there is an article in the most recent transworld mx magazine.. i am pretty sure it is the last issue, for i am at work right now and cant verify... anyhow, there are speed and cornering tips by Grant Langston.. Very interesting read considering some have posted him taking out Bonds... The article is basically called "aggresive riding" ... Langston goes on to say that some call him a dirty rider, but then he defines what the difference is between being aggressive and a dirty rider in his opinion... he goes on to say that banging bars and i beleive any impact to front wheels ok.. i do remember reading that he mentioned that t-boning and hitting or taking out anyone at the swingarm is dirty and that he doesnt intentionally do that...
....I didnt see the hit he had with Bonds...
I agree with that racing at the speeds these guys do, timing is probably a blur...things happen....but is as Natester and Okie state, that when it is a reacurring issue, every race, that is when people start to talk...
....I will definately be watching this more closely now, as will everyone on this thread and probably all the riders....
... Oh well, we'll see what happens next race!

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
i have only been able to watch 3 or 4 of the races so far. has it literally been every one? if i remember right, at red bud he put on a hell of a ride, and in one moto when he finally got around larry ward - cleanly - he gave him the thumbs up. if that were the only race i saw, i would have said brownie was quite a sportsman.

wp.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I saw him at budds creek and didnt see anything either... well considering the 1st moto he had a 30 second lead.... he blew everyone away... the 2nd moto he passed ward and i didnt observe anything either... so im not aware if it was every race... from what i have seen here, it has been at least 2. on speedvision.com, he comments on the hit with fonzie and said that he was sorry and didnt mean to do it, at red bud, notihing about the next race...
that site has all the teams laid out for next year, and i know there is a thread here about rc and honda, but they are posting it point blank now...you might find it an interesting read on where most people are going next year starting off the sx season....

Smokin Joe

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2000
You whiners want a little cheeze to?

That's racing pure and simple. Brownie's obviously riding at a much faster pace and Fonsecrapa needs to either wick it up or get the ell outa ta way! :confused: You newbies outa check into some of the old Hannah duels. He had no qualms about parking any rider he felt was slowin him down. Him and THE MAN, Decoster, had a 2 moto dice during one of the lod Trans-AM races that saw both riders finish with expansion pipes that were smashed flat!:cool: Not to mention the series long death match between Hannah and Howertown in the early '80's!!!! Awesome stuff! If ya think contact shouldn't be a part of MX then go back to cow trailin'. I haven't watched my Red Bud tape yet but I was right at Gravity Cavity at Unadilla and saw Brownie pass the Costa Rican and it was an helluva pass. Fonzacrapa was definitely tryin to hog the track and block Brown's progress so he got what he deserved! He's lucky Brown was nice because Brown coulda really nailed him and sent him 80 feet downhill into the swamp! :p

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Brown rides like...

...I drive in GT3. It's always funny when they say waaay after the fact that didn't mean to do and are sorry. Remember when RC hit MC and what happened in the next corner? That's class.

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Possible Troy Spoiler

The race is not over so I guess this isn't really a spoiler...

I'm listening to moto 2 of the Troy race online and Brown and Fonseca are bumping one another big time for the moto lead... This is exciting to listen to - I can't wait to see this one on TV.... :)

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Old School

Amen Smokin' Joe. All this nicey nice, be my friend, in the MX world has me wondering are they racing or should you take a number when it's their turn to pass. When the opening is there, take the spot. Now we find out that Brown won 1-1 this weekend. I hope all you naysayers and panty waists who took shots last week take notice. Brown is the man in 125 MX and should have been the pilot instead of Pastrami in the MXDes. I too look back fondly on the Hannah days of old. When he raced, others racers paid attention. :scream:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Re: Re: Brown rides like...

Originally posted by Truespode

No. That was to prove a point. "Hey MC... I'll beat you in a way that you will have NO excuse!"

He did too.
Actually if memory serves, RC lost that race didn't he?

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Re: Old School

Originally posted by moto1313
Brown is the man in 125 MX :scream:

Then why isn't he the points leader???

Langston missed on FULL race, and HE is still ahead of Brown.

You know, I like the bump and twist racing myself, but Brown is an idiot. Langston also showed his immature side in a race by downing another rider. The next race he blew out his shoulder! Do you believe in Carma>?

Brown will get his, even if he does win the title:p

Last edited:

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Brown is close

Brown is only 22 points behind Patrami in the series, 277 to 298. He sits in third place in the points. The best rider does not necessarily win a championship either. Remember Ferry in the 125 SX in '97? No wins, but he was consistent and that got him a #1 plate. He was not the best rider that year. Hopefully Brown will catch up and get the series #1 plate this year.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Strick says:
"Langston missed on FULL race, and HE is still ahead of Brown"

Brown got 0 points at Round 2 Hangtown while Langston went 1/1 and TP got 2nd OA, so Brown has had is share of bad luck as well.

I thinks this championship is going to get tighter. I'd love to see an epic final round, three way fight.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
moto1313,

What do you have against Travis Pastrana? He's going to be the best thing that ever happened to this sport since a certain Mr. McGrath (if he can stay healthy).

The kid is well spoken, just oozes goodness and light, and is an excellent role model for the future generations of moto-stars.

When Mike Brown speaks, I start hearing Waylon Jennings singing the Ballad of the Dukes of Hazzard!

"Just a good ol' boy . . . ";)

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
Moto1313: pantywaists?! Thank goodness nice guys like yourself aren't determining the overall direction of the sport. Sounds like maybe you're trying to make of for a lack of something else by vicariously living through "Good Old Boy" Brownie Scout. :scream:

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Nothing wrong with being a good ole' boy... he can't help it, he's just "agressive". I guess if you were a good rider trying for 10 years to get a 250 ride with no takers, you'd be a little hostile as well?
Brownie is a 125 lifer... Pastrana will have won a 250 Championship and Brown will still be taking out the kids that SHOULD be in the 125 class.

:silly:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't agree with the idea of putting an age limit on the 125 class. That's what they're thinking of doing over in "FIM-land," and I think it'll kill MX over there (heck, they've dang near destroyed it already with the one-moto formats). I figure anyone and everyone ought to be able to ride 125MX, whether they're 16 or 61.

But, that's just what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom