That's it. Brown is officially off my "A" list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
...and onto my a- hole list. I defended him before but that move on Fonseca was down right dirty. <- Red Bud

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I loved it. Heheheh...:p

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
It was pretty blatant, but Brown just flat out rides with lots of intensity. Not that I'm defending him it was dirty and would have really ticked me off if it had been me on the recieving end. Not a bad job of Fonzie at keeping the thumper running, theres no telling how many laps it would have taken him to get it going.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
What was Fonzie thinking? Brown ran into him twice right before that and he still left the door wide open. I like Brown and I think he is the fastest 125 rider right now. Travis did the same thing to Ward in the first moto.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Fonzie was going so wide all the way around red Bud. He could have stayed up there if he didn't have to do wide and almost fall off that one berm. He was so close to going over!
CRG

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
When Langston took out Bonds I was like man I can't believe it, But the way Brown took him out was different I think. It was like a game of chicken who was going to let off first, he knew he was coming on that line.;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Brown vs. Langston

I'd like to see Brown try to do that to Langston, or Langston try to do that to Brown....:p They're both smooth, very fast, relentless, aggressive and a little on the nasty side. :cool:

However, it's less likely to happen because neither of them is likely to set themselves up outside. :silly:

As far as Brown being the fastest out there, I see what you're saying. However, Langston is fast becoming my hero for obvious reasons, and if he can ride that fast now with a separated shoulder, he's gonna kick some serious ass toward the end of the season. I don't see Pastrana being any faster than either of them. He needs to step up to the 250's & let these two dog it out. :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
That was kinda rude, but I enjoyed it. :p I'm not a Fonz fan. He really pissed me off when he mugged Kelly Smith.

Do ya think anyone will retaliate against Brown?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So far, every race I've seen Brown in, he's taken someone out. The man will be wearing a target on his back soon enough.

I wish these 10-year pros who point out COULD'NT sit out / go to Europe for 2 years then come back, the 125's are for the young guys. Too bad if you don't catch a 250 ride in time. It's cherry picking as far as I'm concerned. I'd love to see Brown pull that crap in the 250's.

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
Cherry picking? Have you looked at the 125 gate? That class is stacked, I think the 125 class is deeper in talent than the 250's this year. You can not "point out" of the 125 nationals. It's not a suport class like in SX. I think it's great that Brown has come back home and shown such speed, he surprised me. Poor Fonzie, he had a choice too he could have used his breaks and not have gotten parked. He saw Brown coming and did nothing too avoid the stuff.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Wuhrd uhp to MXbabe.:)

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Super rat:
I was standing by that hairpin,cliff,section at RedBud when Ward went down
Travis didnt touch him. Ward went wide and got caught in the loose stuff, tucked the front and ate dirt. All day long riders had taken the inside and passed with ease, Ward should have seen that.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Brown and Fonzie got together again today in the first moto at Unadilla. The results of this tangle looks like Fonseca got forced off the track by Brown. We'll have to wait for the ESPN 2 coverage to see what happened for sure I guess. These two look like they got a little rivalry brewing.

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
Even more ironic since Brownie was squealing so loud when Pastrana moved over at 'Wick. What an idiot.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Brown is fast enough that he doesnt need to pull B.S. like that t-bone. That wasnt an aggressive move, it was a slam.

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
I can't believe the AMA didn't say anything about that T bone Brown put on Fonzie. IMO, it's fine to be agressive, it's fine to take lines from other riders and make them earn their spot on the track, but you have to do it in CONTROL.

From what I saw, Brown came into that corner hot and used Fonzie's 250f as his berm. Fonzie, regardless of whether or not he picked a bad line, never had a chance. If you watch the tape you'll see him flinch and try to move left right before he gets rammed but he never had a chance.

It was dirty, plain and simple.

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Browm was faster-get out of his way.

Brown was way faster than Nerdly-oops-Fonzie. Fonzerelli deserved to get punted. Brown is the prototypical 125 rider IMO. He is wide open all the time and you KNOW when he is faster and behind you. He has the rep for staying in his line and if you are there-well two objects can't occupy the space theory folks-someone gonna get moved. I like his style and he should have gotten the 125 ride for the MXDes Nation. ;)

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
Brown was way faster

He was BEHIND Fonseca when he dropped him. He may have been putting in faster lap times than Fonzie, but he took him out in that corner, plain and simple. That move give new defintion to a "block pass".

I still think it was a dirty-style takedown. I'm well aware that there's plenty of bumping and bar-banging that goes on, plus "rubbin is racing", right? But this isn't demolition motorcross for crying-out-loud.

My $.02.

Chris

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Once Again

Yeah, I've been rooting for Brown all year long. Sorta came out of nowhere. But the Red Bud slam was a bit too much. Then I just watched highlights of Unadilla on Motoworld and saw Brown run Fonseca completely off the track. Maybe he just doesn't like the Fonz... or maybe he is just too aggressive. I'm starting to get the feeling he would take out anyone in his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom