Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
it's almost midnight and I just got in from the garage wrenching on the 2008 electric start 250XCW. I PUT NEW TIRES AND hd TUBES ON IT, OILED THE AIR FILTER, CHANGED OUT THE HANDLE BARS, PUT BAR RISERS ON IT (tWICE UNTIL i GOT THE RIGHT HEIGHT) had to put my old beat up hand guards on it because they were the only ones that would fit the pro taper bars. Put a red PV spring in it, jetting is all set and I put a 51 T rear sprocket on it. Just waiting for the rad guards thursday and it will be ready for memorail weekend.

Still need to get the slave guard, skid plate, lights, hi lo switch and soft seat -all o order and also need a new design GPR post so no stabilazer on it yet. No graphics for it yet so no pictures until it's finished. But it will be a LMC clubgrounds this weekend. :ride:

It's funny you get a new bike and spend 15 hours wrenching on it before you can ride it and Troy worked on it for a full day before I got it!!! He did a nice job though revalved the forks, set up the suspension, set the sag, greased and assembled it with care and put on all the accessories they had in stock. :nod:

This bike is sweet and well made, lighter than the 2007 and when I get time the polishing will start-it's got lots of polished metal on it. :cool:

Oh and DW will be drooling, this thing is light!!!!! :p

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Congrats there Fredster!! WIsh I was going to be up yonder this weekend - I'd stop in for a quick "lets test Freddies new scoot out and make sure its safe for him" overview!! Have fun out there ya hear!!
Woodsy

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Fred T said:
Just waiting for the rad guards thursday and it will be ready for memorail weekend.

Fred are you going to wait till spring to ride that puppy? :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
3KDXXR2 said:
Fred are you going to wait till spring to ride that puppy? :laugh:

I do that all the time-Edit-LABOR DAY WEEKEND! :bang:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Fred you forgot one piece of protection...

Attachments

• Fred.jpg
    Fred.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 214

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Fred,
As you know the new KTM's have a dual mapped ignition. Plugged in is performance and unplugged is soft. My plan is to extend the wires and attach to the unused light switch next to the ODO. Change mapping with the pull of a switch, like hitting the turbo switch. :yikes:

Top Bottom