The 32949th time i've asked this =\

HhawkK1292

Aug 24, 2006
Well, I have asked before and the unanimous decision has been a kdx 200. The only reason I am asking again, is because I would like to have a 4 stroke option too. So, heres my info. PLEASE RECOMMEND A 4 STROKE, NOT A KDX 200, THAT IS ALREADY ONE OF MY PICKS. :cool:

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)

14 years old. 15 in december. 6'0'', 152lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I am aggressive, and dont scare easily.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Woods, Friends, Dirt Paths, Maybe a track someday.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
On a auto-clutch quad... :bang:

5) Do you think you will race ?
maybe someday, but in a few years

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
I can do the simple things. Chain, Oil, etc.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
4 stroke, no brand

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Everything

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
3 grand

10) Do you live in California?

nope
11) Your age?
almost 15

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I want a bike I can learn on, but that is fast, and doesn't chug along. I also want a 4 stroke.

Jan 3, 2007
Well how about a XR650R. It dose not chug around and you might be able to find one for $3000 even. A KTM 530 XCF-W(R) would be even faster but you will not find one for $3000 with vin #s on it. How about a KDX250, more power ful then a KDX200 and you could find one for $3000 easy but its not a 4 stroke. Mabe even a XR400 because its the best option out of all and are really cheap to buy.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
TeXas_MXer said:
He says he would like to ride track. CRF250R

You need to read more closely, I see "maybe a track someday". If that someday ever happens to arrive the 250X will work until he determines if that is what his priority will be, until then the X is a much more suitable machine for the information he provided.

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
If you want a MX-trail bike, you can get a CRF250X or WR250F.

If you want a enduro-trail kind of bike, XR400, XR650R, DRZ400 will be good for you.

Enduros need a little maintenance and last longer, you don't need to change piston for ex. Special machines produce more power but need more maintenance.. So choose what you want.

I have no idea about their prices in USA, so I can only recommend bikes..

HhawkK1292

Aug 24, 2006
Sahinoz said:
If you want a MX-trail bike, you can get a CRF250X or WR250F.

If you want a enduro-trail kind of bike, XR400, XR650R, DRZ400 will be good for you.

Enduros need a little maintenance and last longer, you don't need to change piston for ex. Special machines produce more power but need more maintenance.. So choose what you want.

I have no idea about their prices in USA, so I can only recommend bikes..

I think I'm going to look into that CRF250X. Thanks for the help :cool:

But what is the difference between he "R" and "X" models?

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
They have the same chassis, same suspension, same engine, mostly the same. There are some slight differences and also major differences. Here they are..

CRF250X: E-start, head-tail lights, wide-ratio 5-speed transmission, 100/100-18 rear tire, curb weight 225lbs, fuel 2.2 gallons. A MX-Trail mixture, ready to race with stock parts if you want, but don't forget about the 20lbs weight difference between X and R. More handy when it comes to trails with it e-start and lights.

CRF250R: Kick-start, no lights, close-ratio 5-speed transmision, 100/90-19 rear tire, curb weight 205lbs, fuel 2.0 gallons. A full MX bike.

There are some very small differences in rake degrees, wheelbase etc, too. I think CRF250X will be the best for you..

HhawkK1292

Aug 24, 2006
Sahinoz said:
They have the same chassis, same suspension, same engine, mostly the same. There are some slight differences and also major differences. Here they are..

CRF250X: E-start, head-tail lights, wide-ratio 5-speed transmission, 100/100-18 rear tire, curb weight 225lbs, fuel 2.2 gallons. A MX-Trail mixture, ready to race with stock parts if you want, but don't forget about the 20lbs weight difference between X and R. More handy when it comes to trails with it e-start and lights.

CRF250R: Kick-start, no lights, close-ratio 5-speed transmision, 100/90-19 rear tire, curb weight 205lbs, fuel 2.0 gallons. A full MX bike.

There are some very small differences in rake degrees, wheelbase etc, too. I think CRF250X will be the best for you..

thanks man, great info :)

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Have you ever considered a KDX220? :laugh: :nener: :rotfl: :joke: :yeehaw:
(Please remember to keep your sense of humor about you!)

Top Bottom