The 7 Deadly Sins - Gilligan's Island Style

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
The Seven Deadly Sins of Gilligan's Island theory is quite simple. Each of the seven characters on the island represents each of the seven deadly sins. Now, this theory seems to fit upon initial inspection, there are technical difficulties when you get down to THE MAN himself, Gilligan.

Run with me on this one . . .

1. Most obvious is the Professor, who fits PRIDE to a T. Any man who can make a ham radio out of some wire and two coconuts has to be pretty cocky. His character was later revised and given a series of his own, called "MacGyver."

2. For the sin of ENVY we need look no further than Maryann, who may have worn those skimpy little tops, but could never achieve Ginger's glamour. (As an interesting and completely irrelevant side note, a nationwide survey of college students a few years ago revealed that the professor and Maryann were voted the most likely couple to have 'done it' on the island.)

3. And who could doubt for a moment that Ginger is LUST incarnate? Sure, the kids were supposed to think she was ACTING, but we all know what being deprived episode after episode was doing to her. You know and I know that glazed look wasn't boredom, my friends.

4. What kind of person takes a trunk full of money on a three-hour cruise? Mr.Howell gets my vote for GREED.

We are now left with three characters and three Deadly Sins. We have Gilligan, the Skipper and Mrs. Howell to whom we must match GLUTTONY, SLOTH and ANGER. As you can see, there is a Gilligan problem here.

5. Certainly we can further eliminate Mrs. Howell from this equation by connecting her with SLOTH. She did jack **** during her many years on the island and everybody knows it.

6,7. This leaves ANGER and GLUTTONY, either of which the Skipper had no shortage. He was, after all, a big guy with the tendency to hit Gilligan with his hat at least once an episode. After much consideration, I have decided that he can easily do double-duty, covering the two remaining Deadly Sins.

So here we have the Seven Deadly Sins trapped in an endlessly recurring Hell of hope followed by denial and despair, forced to live with each other in our TVs until the last re-run ends. And who is their captor? What keeps them trapped there? Gilligan.

Gilligan is SATAN. Think about it.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
You need to get out more often Jeff. You have WAAAAAYYY too much time on your hands. :confused:

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Jeff has a lot of time on his hands because he's in the future trying to keep the purple future monkeys and their robot horses, not to mention the line dancing liquid metal leeches out of his tent.

Top Bottom