Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
The Badlands is a unique track in Norht Texas in that it is more of a SX track than MX. Jumps are BIG, several lines to choose from, doubles, triples, step-ups, camel backs, table tops... it has it all and you either go for it or roll em'. Half way will get you hurt. If you have not already been ther I suggest you check it out if you are with in a few hours drive, it is worth it if you enjoy technical tracks.

Anyway... I went out for practice last Wednesday and had so much fun I decided to race Saturday night under the lights. I have never raced before aside from DW01 C qualifier heat 1. I signed up for the beginer class. 11 riders in my class, 2 moto format. Got a bad start both motos 8th or 9th each time... Worked up to 4th in both motos and finished 3rd over all. It was a blast! I am hooked. Must do that again.

Will Pattison raced the over 25 class and went 1-2. That was the race to watch. the top 3-4 riders were wicked fast and the rest of the class was just really fast. Will also had some nice commentary for me on my video... something about the 65's going faster than I was going... LOL

Russ and Danielle, the track owners, were superb hosts as usual. Remembering back to what the track used to be and seeing where it is now you would not believe it unless you were there. We had some good times in the old days before the track became one of the best in N. Texas and I am sure we will have many years of memories to come. I can't wait for the next race!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sounds like you had a great first race. you did alot of passing.

i like that track.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
That's great Thump! It's really cool when you start racing isn't it?

I started in September and did my 1st night race at Mosier in Feb. Night racing is great in the summer if you are at a track that you can see. After Mosier I gave Village Creek a try next but was too late for practice. I managed my 1st hole shot ever there but the bad part was I had never ridden VC and as soon as I rounded the 1st turn I quickly discovered I couldn't see anything but a glare. I sure was dissapointed when I slowed down so much that people were reluctant to pass me. I spent the rest of the race laughing out loud to and at myself.

Top Bottom