The Beginning

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It's gonna take ages to finish this thing. . .

Attachments

• minitrail left.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 366

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The right profile. . .

Attachments

• mintrail right.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 381

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Looks like a fun project. I wish I had time for one like that. All our bikes keep me bust enough. Keep us updated.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I took those pics a couple of weeks ago. It's completely disassembled already and it just keeps gettin' uglier. :scream:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
So, I am assuming you will be bringing it to DW so some of us slow pokes can keep up with you?

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If I get the thing back together, it'll be there. I may have some trouble finding parts.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
parts aren't too hard to find. everything is avail on that popular auction site. lots of stuff is made reproduction. You have a great start. You can find repro seat. DRATV on E-Blay sells lots of parts for them. I have a bunch of seals and gaskets NOS I will sell cheap. I have a 69 red one. I Quit restoring it and bought a 2000 xr50 for about what I have in to my 69. fun doing it though.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The 69 sounds pretty cool. Do you have a pic? I wanted a K0, but I found this K2 locally and jumped on it. These things are going for big $ these days(especially the early ones). I just tore the top end down a couple of days ago. It's in pretty good shape, but I'm going to do a piston/rings anyway. How much will you take for the gaskets and seals? I've found plenty of sites that cater to the Z50 and CT family. Lots of NOS and repro stuff out there.

I'm looking for an XR50 too. I found more proof that mini racing is about to blow up. Acerbis now makes XR50 plastic in 7 or 8 different colors.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I found a NOS Z50 seat for $28 more than it would have cost to restore the old one.

The frame, tank, forks, headlight, etc. should be ready next week. It's gonna be close, but I just might have this pig ready for DW.

Attachments

• z50 seat2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 215

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Got the frame back yesterday. It's only taken the paint shop 6 months to spray it. :silly:

It looks great though.

Attachments

• minitrailnew.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 159
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…