KDX607

Mod Ban
Nov 6, 2006
When the weather gets nice again, im looking to spend 2,000 on a 250 mx bike to covert to a bike that can handle track and trail decently. i wanted to know which bike has been the torquiest over the years '99-03? So far, I hear rm's are too twitchy and nasty, cr's have less low end power, so as of now i like the kx's and yz's. Suspension would be a toss up, not sure hard or soft, but flywheel weights, light kits, and other stuff is what i want to do to it. I don't want to be a pro mx'er, but just enter a few events at the local tracks. I also want to do hare scrambles and possibly even an enduro. I know the kdx is great for the last two, but the mx tracks are simply painful on the kdx.

02rm250

Uhhh...
Sep 25, 2006
I have an 02 rm. Its ported, piped, has v-force reeds and shorter gearing. It pulls very smoothly. It has a ton of low end and an adjustable power valve. If you tension it more it has more useable(less snappy) low with a stronger hit inthe mid-top. It doesnt really rev insanely high, but you learn to get the next gear sooner. It is great in tight woods, it is very agile. I havent done much jumping with it though. Hope this helps.

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
02rm250 said:
I have an 02 rm. Its ported, piped, has v-force reeds and shorter gearing. It pulls very smoothly. It has a ton of low end and an adjustable power valve. If you tension it more it has more useable(less snappy) low with a stronger hit inthe mid-top. It doesnt really rev insanely high, but you learn to get the next gear sooner. It is great in tight woods, it is very agile. I havent done much jumping with it though. Hope this helps.
I have the same bike and second that. Only difference is mine is not ported :( (YET)

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
KDX607 said:
When the weather gets nice again, im looking to spend 2,000 on a 250 mx bike to covert to a bike that can handle track and trail decently. i wanted to know which bike has been the torquiest over the years '99-03? So far, I hear rm's are too twitchy and nasty, cr's have less low end power, so as of now i like the kx's and yz's. Suspension would be a toss up, not sure hard or soft, but flywheel weights, light kits, and other stuff is what i want to do to it. I don't want to be a pro mx'er, but just enter a few events at the local tracks. I also want to do hare scrambles and possibly even an enduro. I know the kdx is great for the last two, but the mx tracks are simply painful on the kdx.

either the KX or YZ would work pretty well in HS and enduros. i know of a couple of people who ride both of these bikes for HS. to be exact: 4 KX's, 2 YZ's

Top Bottom