The best CDI box?

GeTWReCKED

Jan 29, 2009
I have a 2002 XR 50 with a stock engine. I want to get the bore kit, but for the time being, what is the best CDI box out there for a stock 50?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Honestly a CDI box isn't going to do much for you, the stock one works just fine. If you are still stuck on getting one I have several high rev boxes available.

GeTWReCKED

Jan 29, 2009
Well, if I don't want to rebuild my engine right away, what are my best options for performance gains? Obviously exhaust, but what else do you guys think would help?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
An exhaust isn't going to do much for you either except make more noise. Again I have stainless pipe / aluminum can exhausts available which might improve the top end a bit as they are sized for 125cc engines but might hurt the low end a little.

Basically keep in mind you are dealing with a toy. You are trying to make it do things it wasn't designed to do so look at it with a big picture scope and then break it down in to manageable chunks. Part of breaking it down will include determining what level of performance and the dollars you want to allocate to it. If you want an immediate improvement in how fast the bike is I would suggest swapping the engine out for a good quality knockoff suck as a Jialing (GPX) or Lifan (once again I can help you out there as well). Of course once you have a faster bike you will make it do stuff that the OEM frame, suspension & wheels can't handle (there I am again)... So you have a chicken or the egg situation.

Or you can buy a really nice pre-built pit bike and not have to worry about which piece comes first.

GeTWReCKED

Jan 29, 2009
Alright, it seems like you have a lot of knowledge and resources on this stuff...I am pretty new to this thing, I used to race Gopeds and the like when I lived in California, but those little 1.2 HP engines are a lot different....

How can I get in touch with you?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
pat "at" pitvipermx "dot" com will work

GeTWReCKED

Jan 29, 2009
I sent you an email...I dont know if I got the address right though, did you get it?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…