the best of Michigan

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
644
Likes
0
#1
nothing says "post ride" like a nice frosty one.

I have currently in my possesion a nice collection of some of Michigan's finest post ride beverages, brewed right here in Battle creek, Grand rapids, and Holland. (disregard the one from WI :nener: )





any other MI brews worth looking into? in the name of discovery, of course. :laugh:
 

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
2,479
Likes
8
#2
Bells Amber and Two Hearted Ales......good stuff! Watch out for that Two Hearted Ale....alcohol content is higher than average :nod:

Schmoz Brewery in Kentwood makes some good no frills beer. I like the Pail Ale. Sweeprider (aka, Wifey) won some free beer at their 5K run this past summer so we have been semi-regular customers since then. Saturday's special is a float with their own rootbeer.

Oh, and anything from a secret micro brewery near Saranac ;)
 
Last edited:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
644
Likes
0
#3
BadgerMan said:
Bells Amber and Two Hearted Ales......good stuff! Watch out for that Two Hearted Ale....alcohol content is higher than average :nod:

Schmoz Brewery in Kentwood makes some good beers. I like the Pail Ale. Sweeprider (aka, Wifey) won some free beer at their 5K run this past summer so we have been semi-regular customers since then.

Oh, and anything from a secret micro brewery near Saranac ;)

that stuff on the far left is nearly 9% and it has a "backwoods" cousin that is nearly 13%...mmmmmm.... tatsey. :nod:
 
Joined
Dec 2, 2003
Messages
2,491
Likes
0
#5
Now I know why you cant ride Saturday.....you aint going to be concious!
 

bje

Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
41
Likes
0
#6
Wolf Child said:
nothing says "post ride" like a nice frosty one.
Keep it up and I'm going to be categorizing my new American bro's as "Honorary Certified Canadian Hosers" :cool:

Take off... to the great white north, eh...



Some things in life are universal.....like the love of beautiful women, bikes, and beer
 

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
644
Likes
0
#7
bje said:
Keep it up and I'm going to be categorizing my new American bro's as "Honorary Certified Canadian Hosers" :cool:

Take off... to the great white north, eh...


Some things in life are universal.....like the love of beautiful women, bikes, and beer

nice use of the theme song from "stange brew". :rotfl:
 
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
527
Likes
0
#12
THERE'S A REASON WHY IT TASTES LIKE CRAP, IT'S THE MUCK WATER FROM THE DETROIT RIVER THEY USE TO BREW IT!!! :nener:
 
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
527
Likes
0
#13
Evart

Wolf Child said:
you riding evart on Sunday?

WOLF CHILD, GIVE ME AN I.V. BAG FULL OF SAM ADAMS OCTOBERFEST AND I'M IN HOPS HEAVEN!!! :cool: I'LL TRY TO FIND SOME TODAY AND BRING WITH TOMMOROW. :) I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD WEATHER. :bang:

IS SANDMAN COMING???

DAVE L.
 

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
644
Likes
0
#14
D.LEATHERS said:
WOLF CHILD, GIVE ME AN I.V. BAG FULL OF SAM ADAMS OCTOBERFEST AND I'M IN HOPS HEAVEN!!! :cool: I'LL TRY TO FIND SOME TODAY AND BRING WITH TOMMOROW. :) I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD WEATHER. :bang:

IS SANDMAN COMING???

DAVE L.

I tried to get some this morning but i forgot you cant buy on sunday morings in MI (or at all here)
 
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
527
Likes
0
#15
Wolf Child said:
I tried to get some this morning but i forgot you cant buy on sunday morings in MI (or at all here)
YOU MUST BE IN THE INFAMOUS OTTAWA COUNTY :nener: I JUST HAD REG. SAM ADAMS I NEVER FOUND ANY OCTOBERFEST :yell: IT WAS NICE TO PUT A FACE WITH A NAME, I WISH WE COULD HAVE DONE A GROUP INTRO OF WHO EVERYONE WAS. :bang: OH WELL NEXT RIDE :ride:
SEE YA!!!

DAVE L.