Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
nothing says "post ride" like a nice frosty one.

I have currently in my possesion a nice collection of some of Michigan's finest post ride beverages, brewed right here in Battle creek, Grand rapids, and Holland. (disregard the one from WI :nener: )

08f47cd5.jpg

any other MI brews worth looking into? in the name of discovery, of course. :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Bells Amber and Two Hearted Ales......good stuff! Watch out for that Two Hearted Ale....alcohol content is higher than average :nod:

Schmoz Brewery in Kentwood makes some good no frills beer. I like the Pail Ale. Sweeprider (aka, Wifey) won some free beer at their 5K run this past summer so we have been semi-regular customers since then. Saturday's special is a float with their own rootbeer.

Oh, and anything from a secret micro brewery near Saranac ;)

Last edited:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
BadgerMan said:
Bells Amber and Two Hearted Ales......good stuff! Watch out for that Two Hearted Ale....alcohol content is higher than average :nod:

Schmoz Brewery in Kentwood makes some good beers. I like the Pail Ale. Sweeprider (aka, Wifey) won some free beer at their 5K run this past summer so we have been semi-regular customers since then.

Oh, and anything from a secret micro brewery near Saranac ;)

that stuff on the far left is nearly 9% and it has a "backwoods" cousin that is nearly 13%...mmmmmm.... tatsey. :nod:

bje

May 22, 2006
Wolf Child said:
nothing says "post ride" like a nice frosty one.

Keep it up and I'm going to be categorizing my new American bro's as "Honorary Certified Canadian Hosers" :cool:

Take off... to the great white north, eh...

Some things in life are universal.....like the love of beautiful women, bikes, and beer

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bje said:
Keep it up and I'm going to be categorizing my new American bro's as "Honorary Certified Canadian Hosers" :cool:

Take off... to the great white north, eh...

Some things in life are universal.....like the love of beautiful women, bikes, and beer

nice use of the theme song from "stange brew". :rotfl:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Evart

Wolf Child said:
you riding evart on Sunday?

WOLF CHILD, GIVE ME AN I.V. BAG FULL OF SAM ADAMS OCTOBERFEST AND I'M IN HOPS HEAVEN!!! :cool: I'LL TRY TO FIND SOME TODAY AND BRING WITH TOMMOROW. :) I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD WEATHER. :bang:

IS SANDMAN COMING???

DAVE L.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
D.LEATHERS said:
WOLF CHILD, GIVE ME AN I.V. BAG FULL OF SAM ADAMS OCTOBERFEST AND I'M IN HOPS HEAVEN!!! :cool: I'LL TRY TO FIND SOME TODAY AND BRING WITH TOMMOROW. :) I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD WEATHER. :bang:

IS SANDMAN COMING???

DAVE L.

I tried to get some this morning but i forgot you cant buy on sunday morings in MI (or at all here)

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Wolf Child said:
I tried to get some this morning but i forgot you cant buy on sunday morings in MI (or at all here)

YOU MUST BE IN THE INFAMOUS OTTAWA COUNTY :nener: I JUST HAD REG. SAM ADAMS I NEVER FOUND ANY OCTOBERFEST :yell: IT WAS NICE TO PUT A FACE WITH A NAME, I WISH WE COULD HAVE DONE A GROUP INTRO OF WHO EVERYONE WAS. :bang: OH WELL NEXT RIDE :ride:
SEE YA!!!

DAVE L.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
D.LEATHERS said:
YOU MUST BE IN THE INFAMOUS OTTAWA COUNTY :nener: I JUST HAD REG. SAM ADAMS I NEVER FOUND ANY OCTOBERFEST :yell: IT WAS NICE TO PUT A FACE WITH A NAME, I WISH WE COULD HAVE DONE A GROUP INTRO OF WHO EVERYONE WAS. :bang: OH WELL NEXT RIDE :ride:
SEE YA!!!

DAVE L.

you know... if you like "hoppy" brews you should try some IPAs (India Pale Ale) they are very hoppy brews and very good. I actually had some with me.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hoppy Brew's

Wolf Child said:
you know... if you like "hoppy" brews you should try some IPAs (India Pale Ale) they are very hoppy brews and very good. I actually had some with me.

YEAH, I'VE HAD THEM AND LIKE THEM. :cool: LIKE I POSTED ON THE OTHER THREAD, I WISH I COULD HAVE STUCK AROUND A LITTLE LONGER TO DO SOME MORE BENCH RACING , BUT MY SON IN-LAW DROVE AND THEY WERE IN A BIG PUSH TO GET BACK. :bang: AT LEAST I DIDN'T HAVE TO DRIVE HOME!!! OH, BY THE WAY HAPPY B-DAY DRINK AN EXTRA COLD DARK FROSTY ONE ON ME :laugh:

DAVE L.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Ward said:
Strohs was bought by Miller Beer and moved to Milwaukee almost ten years ago.

Oh, that makes me feel better about drinking Strohs.

Milwaukee.......isn't that where Milorganite comes from as well? :ohmy:

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
O.K., I haven't chimed in much lately but the love of beer I can definately relate to. I agree with the IPA comments. Good stuff! Anything labeled as an ale or a dark stout is cool in my book. Now I stumbled, no pun intended, by accident onto a brewing company some of you may be interested in. The name of the brewing company is Wychwood Brewing. Some of their brew names are Hobgoblin, Black Wych Stout, Wychcraft pale lager, Circle Master Ale which is marketed as Scarecrow Ale in the states and Fiddler's Elbow Wheat Ale. Good luck finding em', and if you do enjoy. Cheers...... :p Oh, these aren't Michigan beers but enjoyable none the less...

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
slowone said:
O.K., I haven't chimed in much lately but the love of beer I can definately relate to. I agree with the IPA comments. Good stuff! Anything labeled as an ale or a dark stout is cool in my book. Now I stumbled, no pun intended, by accident onto a brewing company some of you may be interested in. The name of the brewing company is Wychwood Brewing. Some of their brew names are Hobgoblin, Black Wych Stout, Wychcraft pale lager, Circle Master Ale which is marketed as Scarecrow Ale in the states and Fiddler's Elbow Wheat Ale. Good luck finding em', and if you do enjoy. Cheers...... :p Oh, these aren't Michigan beers but enjoyable none the less...

NICK, WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING??? :coocoo: YOU MISSED A GREAT RIDE AT EVART LAST SUN. :bang: MY COUSIN IS THE OWNER OF BIG SKY BREWING CO. IN MONTANA, HE NAMED THEIR MOST SOLD BREW MOOSE DROOL. IT'S GOOD STUFF. SEE YA!!!

DAVE. :laugh:

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Dave, I've been busy doing the dad thing with young children since school started. Ethan was in soccer so the weekends were shot, which is OK he only gets to be a kid once, and I pretty much parked the bike after the Wolverine enduro. I should have at least made it a point to ride a Sunday or three but didn't. Hopefully I'll be in good health come spring and I'll be back on the bike. Have a good holiday season and stay warm this winter! Cheers..........

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom