dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
The subject was briefly skipped over by Irish's post... check with her friends. I'm assuming she does have a couple?? I don't know about the rest of the women here, but my female companions ALWAYS confide in me when it comes to what they want from their man... and guess who comes to me to find out this information... their man. Choose the friend you ask wisely though. Make sure it's the friend that thinks closest to the way your lady thinks. ;) Good luck.

Oh, one last thing... make sure this friend won't get you busted for waiting this long to get her something. :eek: :confused:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I guess it would just be too much to expect a guy to "guess" what you really want and at the same time surprise you with it. But secretly, that's what we're hoping for!

Sounds like there is a lot of good advice in this thread, I hope it all works out for you.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
You might consider a day at the spa. Women work very hard to keep their brood fed, clothed and clean and I have never known a woman that doesn't like to be pampered.

Visit http://www.spawish.com/ for some info. They cover everything from mild to max and there are many spas across the nation that are part of the system. They will deliver a gift certificate, roses, etc. overnight to anywhere.

On another note - be sure the kids and you get a cake, cards etc. and for real fun take her out to dinner where you can embarrass her with an off key rendition of Happy Birthday sung to the rhythm of slapping order pads and the clap of other restaurant patrons. :thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Buy her a new house and get a maid to go with it. She also wants a new car but not one of those cheap ones like you drive Jay. Oh wait...I already tried that when I was amrried and it didn't work either so it was back to living the good life for me. Sorry pal, can't help you. :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
:) Jeff, we should trade notes. The last thing I bought my ex was a new truck. She hated it so much that she let me keep it when I moved out a month later. ;)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA

Sounds like there is a lot of good advice in this thread

actually, i wasn't soliciting advice. i just wondered why they do this.

she's getting a home theatre system.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by MXbabe
Because we want YOU to come up with something that will sweep us off our feet! ;)
Yank the rug out quickly! :p This is why men mumble, kick the dog, and stay in the garage for no reason, looking at our bikes thinking, "you love me don't you?"
From the movie, 'True Lies':Tom Arnold, "Women, can't live with them, can't shot 'em!"(this is just a line from a movie).

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by mx547

she's getting a home theatre system.

Ah, well in that case... not ALL of us do this. Since I don't, I have no clue as to why. Sorry can't help ya there. :cool:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Excellent choise, Jay. Are you going to take it when you move out?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by mx547

/B]

Not all women do this. Some of us when we say "nothing" we mean "can we just treat this day as any other - birthdays are boring". If I'm going to get a gift, I'd rather it were something that means something, rather than something "I had to get you something".
It's the same when Henk & I go riding, when I tell him "go with your mates, I'll be okay", I'm actually saying "go & have a bloody good time, don't worry about me, I'll be okay". When I say to him "can you ride with me today, I'd appreciate it", I'm meaning, "I'm not feeling overly confident here, can you come ride with me in case I get stuck".
Michelle
(also known for being irrational sometimes/often)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Michelle, you're such a sweetheart! Thanks for the kind words in the other thread, maybe someday our paths will cross.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Reese and I make lists. I have long given up on him surprising me. I did pretty well on his b-day, I think, and am starting to consider Christmas. I was going to get him new snowmobiling boots but he can get them cheaper than I through sponsors so I might not. A paintball gun is also on the list but then we'd need two so that might get expensive. He is getting me new Sidi boots. :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
My wife's b-day just passed, and I had EASY. She bought herself new dishes the week before her b-day. She also bought herself some more aquarium equipment so that she'd have room for more fish. I asked her what she wanted for her b-day and she said for me not to even bother since she already bought herself some things. That made it easy for me since I knew she REALLY meant not to buy her anything.

I still went ahead and had some flowers sent to her at work since she worked on her b-day. She was shocked since I am not big on the whole flower giving thing. Yep, it sure was nice thinking I did something right for a change. :)

I kept telling myself,"Damn I'm Good!" :)

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Guess I have it made - I never have to tell Karl what I want as a gift and I always get great presents.

Christmas was a new mountain bike, for my birthday I got MX Socks, AXO Boots, rear fender for the 500, alarm clock and goggle lenses!! What else could a girl ask for? :yeehaw:

It's harder for me to find gifts for him since he works where I would do most of his shopping!

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
Oh my god, a home theater system? You are going to be killed.The only difference in women is some are delusional and believe they are different. The rest are all just plane crazy. Just a matter of time before they show you and take all your stuff. But when they finally leave they can't take that happiness away. So by all means my brother give her a gift that requires you to pay less attention to her while enetertaining yourself, you're a braver man than I. :eek:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well I'm past the Carhart-and-Wranglers phase but I guess I am kind of a redneck, or maybe just a tomboy. Besides--what better gift than one you can shoot each other with? ;) And what else do you buy a 31-year-old man with the brain of a 10-year-old? :eek:

MXN4Fun, you're a little pessimistic. It's not ALWAYS that bad. Besides, like you guys are peaches to live with. :think:

Last edited:

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Just get her a 2003 YZ450F...... Hey, it's the thought that counts.... If she doesn't like it I'm sure you could put it to good use..... LOL

Top Bottom