The Dallas SuperCross!! (Spoilers)

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Looks like I'm the first one to post!}
Anyway, it was awesome, and all I can say is, I had NO idea RC could whip it like that!!!! My gosh, it was great when RC and MC took the "hot lap" around the track at the beggining. And to see Lusk and RC battling like that was crazy. Langston got what he deserved, and Fonseca DIDN'T... OUCH.

And guess what, Pastrana crashed AGAIN, and he pulled of the track AGAIN. He only lasted one heat race, can't help but laugh....

Had a great time and hope to see you all next year!

-KTMKyd

------------------
[This life has been changed by Jesus Christ (evident 04-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by KTMKyd (edited 04-22-2001).]

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Finally Grant and KTM get what they deserve. Grant is super impressive and should make the Vegas East/West shootout interesting as well as the Nationals.
And Ricky, you da man. Congratulations are due to him, he works his butt off and the results show it.

------------------

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
RC is a GREAT champion. He may not look pretty enough for some people and he may not come off in interviews good enough for some but he does his talking where it counts.... I say there are many more championships coming to this kid. CONGRATULATIONS RICKY!!!! YOU ARE DA MAN

------------------
RIGHT WING AND LOVIN IT
Mark 99 KX 310

[This message has been edited by Senior KX Rider (edited 04-22-2001).]

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
I was completely stoked for Langston and KTM for their first Supercross win. When I saw Fonseca's get-off I thought for sure he was going to be carted out. It looked like he broke his neck. My seats were RIGHT there. Did anybody see that rider take out the camera man? Man that was horrible! Way to go RC. Fonseca has to ride another race. In pain no doubt.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

[This message has been edited by yarbonwick (edited 04-22-2001).]

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Hey, how were the seats way up there where all you mods'n'members were sitting?? I would've likes to sit up there to see more of the track, but there was nothing like being RIGHT in front of MC and RC going crazy in that hot lap. We got some pics with the digital camera too, so I'll post a link to them tomorrow probably.

-KTMKyd

------------------
[This life has been changed by Jesus Christ (evident 04-05-2001).]

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
im so happy for grant. tp is going to have his hands full with that guy outdoors. what can you say about rc. the kid is sooo lucky. who would have thought that he could get away with riding over his all year long. 6 number one plates in four years(i think)not bad. ;)congratulations rc!!!!!!

------------------

DSsuper92

Mar 27, 2000
From the time that I sat down I knew that corner was going to give some of the riders trouble. Fonseca's crash was the worst wipeout I've ever seen and that guy just got up like it was nothing. I was in the pits afterwards and saw him. His face looked like it had been hit with a hammer.

I'd like to find out about the photographer that got hit. Does anybody know if he's alright or not? That was brutal.

Dave

------------------
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." - ALDOUS HUXLEY

RazorbackDave

Oct 14, 2000
We were sitting right in front of that tabletop where all the get-off's were. My son and I watched most of the practice sessions and all of the riders had trouble with it. The exception was RC. His strategy was to wheelie through those little bumps and use that jump to CLEAR the table top, down shifting in mid air! He was usually landing on the downside of it and getting back on the gas, where most of the other riders (esp. the 125's) where placing the front wheel on the first third of the table top and rodeoing through the corner hanging on for dear life. That Fonseca crash was spectacular! I was for sure he was going to be seriously injured, but of course glad he wasn't.

It was a 10 hour SX marathon, but a great time! Can't wait for next year.

------------------

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Razorback Dave, I was right there too. We bought our tickets at the race and I thought they were going to suck, but we ended up at one of the best spots. Did you see when Travis's front no. plate came off and the track crew guy threw it into the crowd. I would give anything to have caught that thing. Did I hear that he had a broken leg? I coulda sworn I heard that, but I sure hope not.

------------------

RazorbackDave

Oct 14, 2000
I missed that but my son saw it. We went to the Supercross Party at Plano Kawasaki-Suzuki Friday night. TP, Wyndham and the other Suzuki riders were there signing autographs. They (the shop) would SELL you a 199 number plate for $40 and TP would autograph it for you. We got there at 5:45 and the line was nearly out the door. Team Suzuki showed up about 7:00 ish and my son got his picture taken with Travis and an autograph. TP is the real deal. Down to earth, polite and I get the sense that he knows he is a role model, because there were a jillion kids there and most of them wanted his autograph. RC and Roncada came later and signed too but we had enough of the lines.

I heard that he hurt his leg but I didn't think he broke it.

That 250 main was all RC. He is the MAN! He rides that green bike faster than I thought possible.

------------------

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
what a great time! I broke my own rule never to stand in line for autographs but Travis was truly all class. He thanked me for coming out and waiting on him! I took my DRN shirt and got Pastrana, Wyndham, Thain, Roncada and RC to sign it. RC seems like he would rather be having dinner. He wasn't arrogant by any means, just the true reluctant hero.
Langston was silky smooth on the 125 main. Fonseca actually made a valiant attempt afte crashing his brains out and losing it again in the whoops but that dude is Larocco's mini-me. He was riding like his life depended on it. I thought Patman was going to fly down there and choke Langston when he started saluting the crowd on the last three jumps. You had to wince but it was fanatastic seeing him celebrate after the race.
Larocket actually pulled the holeshot on the heat race and you could hear the crowd actually gasp. MC got him on the next turn and looked like his former self during that race. He ran through the whoops like they didn't exist. RC appeared to have some trouble figuring them out in his heat. On the 250 main it was a totaly different story. RC was Mr. Consistent from the start and never looked back. It looked like MC had not even run the track before, his timing was all off. Lusk made a great race for half the main. He was whipping RC's tail in the whoops but RC was railing the berms and never messed up. You gotta hand it to the kid, with rides like that NOBODY can say he didn't earn it. MC is still my hero, albeit a fallen one for the moment, but he got a spankin' Sat. night.

Congratulations, RC!

------------------
you never really learn to swear until you learn to ride.

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Grant owned the 125s. I yelled the whole race, and now barely have a voice. I think he was determined to make up for Houston. If he can focus and ride like that in the nationals look out.

GO KTM!!

------------------
“ If we weren’t all crazy we would go insane” Jimmy Buffett
'99 KTM 380sx

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
If you haven't been there yet. Go read Spodekills excerpt as a flag guy at the event. http://users2.ev1.net/~ktmpilot/ZG/dallas_sx.htm

Good stuff. My God look at those whoops.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

[This message has been edited by yarbonwick (edited 04-25-2001).]

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
what a great report! What was funny was Patman and I were watching MC as he pointed that out and the flagger (Scot) endo'ed off the dirt. It was one of the best crashes of the night.
I also have a tremendous amount of respect for the little guys on the KTM 50s. Those kids cannot even see what is on the other side of the whoops on those bikes, yet they race their little hearts out.

Top Bottom