Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Lance is being sued (in civil court) by an Italian racer who says Lance defamed him... chased him down during the Tour and said mean things to him about testifying in a trial meant to remove Lance from the tour for doping. No, he didn't say anything in public or to the press, just to this racer on the course. Lance HAS to go to court in Italy. (story based on NBC in Dallas).

Gotta love it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I'm thinking of a word, it starts with a P ..... ;)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
pansy?? :yikes:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Phrog ?? naw, Phuknutt ?? naw............I give up, what starts with P ??

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Dude, if I could figure out all the things I could start with P, I would be a Kaphilionaire...........hahaha, look out Exxon

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
The euro's. Glad they can take a loss like a winner. :rotfl:

"Would you like to buy some French rifles? Never fired and only dropped once."

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Exactly how can they make him go? If the french flaming authorities contact the American authorities, I would hope that they would tell the french to "piss-off". Who the hell do they think they are? Now if he murdered somone....that's another story, but just some nasty comments to a P....? Screw them.....jerkoffs....

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Rich Rohrich said:
I'm thinking of a word, it starts with a P ..... ;)

... and it sounds like CAT :)

Maybe if Simeoni spent less time in litigation and more time training he could grow a pair and win a race. ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
oldfrt613 said:
Why a pair, I thought lance only needed one.

Simeoni is only half the man Lance is so he'll need all the help he can get. ;)

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
I hate to be the one to say it, but this isn't the first person to make a public assertion that Lance threatened them. Greg LeMond said the same thing in a television interview as well as several people who worked on Lance's USPS team.

Just because Simeone is from Europe, it doesn't make him a jealous, backbiting liar. He's Italian, not French.

Anyone with good character certainly deserves the initial benefit of the doubt, but you guys defend him blindly. Is it unreasonable to suspect where there's smoke there's fire?

P.S. - I like to see the U.S. win as much as anyone, but not if it's dishonorable. Might seem ironic given my sig, huh? Believe me, I can explain!

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
The fact that he passed a drug test/tests really has nothing to do with allegations of threats.

For the record, AFAIK he was accused of using performance-enhancing drugs to win his first Tour de France, not the last or recent few.

Regarding tests, I think they should ALL have to submit samples, prior to races and randomly throughout the year. Of course he would be a fool if he was doping now, but considering how many #1 sports figures have been nailed recently - incl the guy who just had his WORLD RECORD sprinting medals (and all career results) erased, it's not unfair say that doping has been prevalent in sports. A lot of cyclists have stated that as well. I NEVER would have guessed or suspected this. Apparently I was naive.

That doesn't mean anything in and of itself, but a person's behavior says a lot about their guilt. I found what Greg LeMond said and the video footage of a team assistant driving an hour away from the race to dispose of used syringes to be disturbing to say the least. Add to that the things some of the former USPS team members have said and the allegations of six urine samples Armstrong provided during the 1999 tour (again, allegedly) tested positive for the red blood cell-booster EPO and I have to say that my heart of hearts is sinking.

Maybe I've lost faith, maybe I'm too much of a skeptic now, but I just have no reason to believe in some kind of Anti-Lance conspiracy.

JMO,
regards

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
CPT Jack said:
I hate to be the one to say it, but this isn't the first person to make a public assertion that Lance threatened them.

All of them have said that Lance has threatened them with lawsuits.

Meaning, if they say he is on performance enhancers he will sue them for their lies.

I really do not see that as much of a big deal as Anderson trying to extor $500,000, Simeoni trying to protect his hide by accusing Ferrari of helping him do drugs or Le Equipe trying to manufacture evidence by breaking into the Postal's hotel rooms during the Tour.

When looking at the "Threats" that Lance has made you have to look at in the context of who he has "threatened" and why. Each person that he has "threatened" have done shady things and it appears to me they are trying to take someone down with them.

Granted, Lance is difficult. Even his friends say so. I am sure he is a giant dick to a lot of people. However, I have no problem with his threats of lawsuits towards people he says are lying or trying to extort.

If he is guilty of anything it will come out. Until then he has passed all tests, has even given money towards research of doping and has endured more conspiracy theories than any athlete should.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ivan
PS... last week an Olympic sprinter was stripped of his World Record and all of his results thrown out because someone said he did drugs. It came out in the Balco investigation and because of testimony from others he was found guilty even though he passed all tests. That his horse****.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
CPT Jack said:
considering how many #1 sports figures have been nailed recently - incl the guy who just had his WORLD RECORD sprinting medals (and all career results) erased, it's not unfair say that doping has been prevalent in sports.

Yeah it is prevalent. But without proof there is no reason to throw someone under the bus.

Maybe RC is on performance enhancers. Maybe James is. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Bull****.

I don't care what anyone says unless it is someone who tests positive and even then it depends on the test.

Like Tyler Hamilton. Supposedly he failed a test during the race in Spain. However, nobody can verify that the samples are his because of labeling inconsistencies and possible contamination. Of course, the lab is saying that all of the "mistakes" did not have an effect on the results.

Then they say he tested positive for having SOMEONE ELSES blood in him. Now how stupid is that. Blood transfusion with someone elses blood is detectable but blood transfusion wih your own blood is not. If he was actually blood doping doesn't stand to reason he would use his own?

Add to that the Europeans out and out aggressiveness to destroy American Cyclists then it is easy to back up Lance until proof possibly comes to light.

If you don't believe in an Anti-American bias in cycling then you are not watching them chear on their riders (who have come back AFTER a ban due to testing positive) while trying to bring Lance down.

Ivan
PS... I don't care if he has done drugs or not. I just hate being punished without proof of wrong doing.

Personally, I feel drug enhancers at the Pro level should be legal. IMO, it is no different than monitoring a strict diet or some other lifestyle change or equipment that gives an athlete an advantage.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
He's suing him now for threads on the 2004 tour. Don't you think it's a wee bit late for that?

More importantly, exactly what kinds of "threats" does he think are legally actionable? Lance riding up and telling him that he's going to make him his bitch isn't a threat, it's a bit of trash-talking/psychological warfare in the middle of a sporting event. The fact that he later backed it up means it wasn't a threat, but rather a statement of his future intentions.. ;)

Personally, I'd like to see him tell the Italian to go screw himself. I'm pretty sure that extradition isn't an option for a civil court matter.

Top Bottom