the FATLADY is singing pretty loud- GIANTS WIN!!!!!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I have to say the game was a good one this year and for not caring about either team it kept my interest. Normally a superbowl is decided by halftime and I have drifted off.
Congrats to both teams they both played good and each deserved a win. but secretly I wanted the perfect season to end

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Great game. Giants were definitely the better team tonight. Their defense was impressive and the offense made key plays when they had to. The Giants weren't given a win, they took it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I was only watching pulling for the NFC . Looked like Brady had it covered with that last drive...

It IS cool that Manning has shut up the media, good for him.

Now, back to hating the Giants :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Me being the non-football guy that I am...

I kinda wanted to see the Pats go COMPLETELY undefeated but I also wanted to see an upset. Either way I would've been happy for the winner. :cool:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Any game that comes down to the wire like that is a hell of a game in my book! I kinda wanted both to win... Pats for the perfect 19-0, Giants for the wild card team to pull the huge upset... but I just wanted it to be a close game either way. The Giants defense shut down Brady big time, can't believe the hits they were getting on him, I bet that offensive line got a little ass chewing after the game. Seemed Eli had great protection, plus he's so cool under pressure.

Hands down the most unbelieveable play of the game was when Manning broke the tackle on three guys, his jersey getting yanked, and launches the ball to Tyree, who pulled it down using his helmet and every little bit of power in his fingertips to hang on... that was un-fuggin-believeable!!!!! That's some champion stuff right there!!! It seemed to take the wind right out of the Pats sails... Plaxico was so wide open for the TD.... it was like the Pats almost gave up in the final seconds.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
nikki said:
Hands down the most unbelieveable play of the game was when Manning broke the tackle on three guys, his jersey getting yanked, and launches the ball to Tyree, who pulled it down using his helmet and every little bit of power in his fingertips to hang on...
Yeah, and I bet there was a defensive coordinator ready to tear some heads off. Reminds me of my HS days and just thinking what my coaches would say if I got in the backfield, had the QB by the jersey and DIDN'T take him down. LOL Good to see pros make the same mistakes I did.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Originally Posted by nikki
Hands down the most unbelieveable play of the game was when Manning broke the tackle on three guys, his jersey getting yanked, and launches the ball to Tyree, who pulled it down using his helmet and every little bit of power in his fingertips to hang on...

likely the greatest play of all time to date..........???? because of the two factors, manning being tugged on and the reciever being mugged.

giants won this game because it seemed more players stepped up more often?

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I was rooting for history to be made, not a perfect season, but the first brothers to win superbowls (back to back to boot). :nener:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hank Hill "aka Green Horn" said:
Yeah boy howdy, and I bet there was a defensive coordinator ready to kick some hind ends. Reminds me of my Arlen High Scool days and just thinking what my coaches would say if I got in the backfield, had the QB by the jersey and DIDN'T take him down. Yup, Good to see pros make the same mistakes I did.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
wardy said:
likely the greatest play of all time to date..........???? because of the two factors, manning being tugged on and the reciever being mugged.

giants won this game because it seemed more players stepped up more often?

I'd vote for best superbowl play of all time....I think Favre's stumbling flip was a better play though.

Top Bottom