The final Outdoor MX at Lake Elsinore MX Park

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
I feel lucky being a Californio most of the time especially where MX and SX racing is concerned. I've been to the last three Hangtown events and and the wife and I went to Pala last year. I was looking forward to the final this year due to the close 250 season and the hipe about the Elsinore track. I thought Pala was great from a spectators viewpoint but the riders thought it was too easy. Elsinore was supposed to have been designed by past pro riders with spectators given equal billing in track layout. I haven't heard feedback from the riders but I can tell you from experience, spectating sucked big time. We moved several times but the track was so long no matter where you stopped you got to see the riders about 45 - 60 seconds of the 2.4 +/- minute lap. The poor VIP ticket holders got to see about the same or less and the finish line was about 60 - 75 yards across the short course truck portion of the MX track. They got to see the start and after a couple of zig-zags the pack were gone. The track announcers were on three different portions of the track handed of the action like they were keeping track of first and last place of the Tour De France. Oh.. Did I mention it was 106 deg at track side? :yikes: And not a tree in sight. OK... I know... :blah: :blah: :blah:

Top Bottom