Aug 6, 2000
Well I went to Walmart today and I found a vented motocross jersey for $15 (I didn't even know Walmart carried MX jerseys to start with) and I like its very well vented, but the bad part is it doesn't matter how well vented it is it still doesn't keep me as cool as I need.

For the full bad stuff story I haven't rode really at all for more than a month because I've been on vacations or its been to hot. Its 90 to 95 degrees and I know what you people out in Texas and Arizonia are going to say "thats cold here" but you guys don't have humidity, its close to 100% and it hasn't rained in a while, plus it takes out breathing by 20% so its rough. When you step outside its like waling into a wall of water.

I'm getting pretty bored around here, I've had nothing to do, its to hot to run my bike and for my body.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Don't feel bad for yourself. I have not ridden in a month becasue of the lack of rain and today it was 110 with near 100% humidity here in CT. Thank god for central air conditioning. :) :confused:

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
We went riding last Sunday. It was 95+ degrees with high humidity. STUPID!!! Great way to get dehydrated and otherwise sick. It's been this way for over two weeks now. As I write this a front is going through (storms, wind, much - needed rain, etc.) and it's supposed to cool off. We're off riding again this weekend!

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
RMrider125, its easy to ride in 95+ temps. Its not the heat that kills you its the humidity. I invite you to come up here and ride with me for a day, I guarantee you will go home and never come back....

The morning and the evening are just as bad as during 1pm in the afternoon. Humidity is a killer...

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
Come and visit me!

I just got back from a trip to New Jersey... While my relatives were outside flailing and moaning about the horrible heat, I thought I had died and gone to heaven the weather was so nice! It was like January where Im from!

You are all welcome to come and visit me here in Sunny South Florida... Dont forget to bring your riding flippers and scuba Jersey!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I love Seattle. It can be a little muggy but in the summer when it's sunny it's perfect. It doesn't get really hot, most of our riding is in the woods where it's cooler anyway, and there's usually a nice breeze.

But I can't ride for another month, at least! I tore my knee and I need to give it some time to heal before I ride again. :think

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
No humidity?

Let me assure you, the people in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and ALL of the gulf coast know what it's like with 100+ degrees and HUMIDITY. Now in Arizona on the other hand, crackers will stay fresh sitting on the counter out of the package for a week or more. I haven't riden much myself but I will endure the temps to get my FIX.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I went riding last night. It was 99 degrees and close to 100% humidity. They say it was the hottest day in several years. My other rider buddies wimped out cuz it was “too hot”. Well maybe it was but I HAD to go riding. I hadn’t been in two weeks and I was dying to go. My son and one other brave soul went and we had a blast. It was hot and very dusty but I’d do it again. I brought lots of water with me and when it was gone I stooped. I suppose I could have rung the sweat out of my gear if I really got thirsty but let’s not go there, OK? :eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Call a WHAAAAAAmbulance!

All you yankee crybabies get out a north american map and find Texas. See that big state? See the GIANT puddle of water beside it? Guess what take a dip in the Atlantic then jump in the Gulf and you'll think somebody was trying to cook ya'. Sure your seeing some heat AND Humidity but how long does it last?

Whaaaaaaa

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Saying Texas doesn't have Humidity is like saying we don't have beautiful cowgirls.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
It's so humid in Houston, you need to jump into the Gulf or pool just to dry off!! No thanks. It's humid enough here in GA.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
hahahaha

It only gets up to about 80-85 here(we think thats hot).But then again we cant ride for 5 months in the winter:( .Thats what snowmobiling is for:p

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
lol, I was wondering when someone would mention Houston....thats one hot, humid place. As is Louisville, Ky.

I realise to lots, Louisville is still yankee land, but we have high humidity year round. August is like this every year. All y'all up in Joisey and New Yawk, be patient...it's really not global warming...you'll be fine :D

Jan 12, 2001
WHAAAAAAHH is right, come on down here to SOUTH Louisiana and I'll show you what heat and humidity feel like. Probably what Houston feels like. When yall yankees are enjoying 40 and 50 degree temperatures in October, it's still 85 to 90 degrees down here. Quit your bellyaching lightweights.:p

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by Jaybird

I realise to lots, Louisville is still yankee land, but we have high humidity year round. August is like this every year.

I go to Kentucky a lot... Last year, it was too hot to go fishing! When it is too hot to go fishing, something is terribly wrong! Whats worse is that we spent a week in Hyden, which is outside of Hazard. A week with no formal shelter, or hygene for that matter. We had an outhouse... No shower. :eek:

biker

Sep 22, 2000
We head to the N. Ga. mountains when it gets hot. I'm sure it's hotter at the mx tracks, but its not bad in the woods . If it gets to hot just blast through a creek a couple of times. I've never let the heat stop me from riding, just bring lots of water. If I remember right, a few months ago the guys up north were whining about it being to cold and wet to ride. :confused:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yeah, we just like to whine!! :confused: If you cant complain, what fun is it?
I would love to ride no matter how hot it is. I just dont have a bike, hopefully by next weekend it will be finished!

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Three Things:

1) Muenster
2) Texas Summertime
3)Weekend

And shower? What's that? A shower is a wall of sand being roosted on you, or a wheely through the river run-off.

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
man...

heat smeet!

today it was 110-115 w/the heat index. the humidity was near 100% !
i would come back from riding for 30 minutes at Eastern carolina mx, take off my helmet and about passout!

its ok, cuz i drank about 2 gallons of water.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
"For the full bad stuff story I haven't rode really at all for more than a month because I've been on vacations or its been to hot. Its 90 to 95 degrees and I know what you people out in Texas and Arizonia are going to say "thats cold here" but you guys don't have humidity, its close to 100% and it hasn't rained in a while, plus it takes out breathing by 20% so its rough. When you step outside its like waling into a wall of water. "

HEY, I live in Florida, it's 90 or over every day and we usually have near 100% humidity and thunderstorms every evening. It doesn't cool off in the evening, well it might make down to the low 80s by 2 in the morning but the BEST I can hope for is around 85 late afternoon when it is still light enough to ride. I've made it out every week since I got my bike except last week and that was because it WAS thunderstorming. You need to find a shady place to park, take plenty of water and take breaks. I don't even have vented pants or a vented jersey.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by yarbonwick
Saying Texas doesn't have Humidity is like saying we don't have beautiful cowgirls.
When I look at a cow I don't think beautiful, dispite the fact it's a girl.;)

Top Bottom