The Great Canadian Turkey Point Ride.

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Hey Guys wanted to get you yanks up to Canada for a ride.
Turkey Point is pretty much all woods trails, hill climbs, woops, the whole kitnkaboodle. It is all sand from what I remember.
There is a great campsite directly across the street from the trails.
Looking for a weekend in Aug except for the weekend of the 23rd.
Sept is also an option.
You will need a offroad plate and insurance."liability min"
Riding is all on crownland forest which is free. Camping I still have to find out but I think is $20 CAN per night. I'll check for group rates.
So lets get a show of hands and see who will be interested.
I have other options if only a couple of you can make it.
Oh ya you'll enter through Buffalo and take Hiway #3 all the way there. About an hour from border. Just south of the town of Simcoe.
:)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I was begining to wonder if you were going to post this.
:)
If I get the insurance thing done I'm in

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We're in, James! How many miles/acres of trail are we talking about here? Do we need to schedule 1 or 2 days out of a weekend?? August 18th and September 15th are bad weekends for us, but everything else should be ok.

PapaK-- go to Progressive. (www.progressive.com) We have both our KTM's insured for $110 a year. :cool:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
At last somewhere I can get to in less than 3 hours :cool:
It's cheap, close and from what I've heard great trails :aj:

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
not as big as paragon lori, but pretty damn huge, we'll never cover all the trails in a couple of days anyway. We could even do a ride by my place also before you guys all go back too. A good day of riding for sure by my place.

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Can someone put this thread in the places to ride forum, I don't know how. There are other riders that will see it there.

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
perfect Peer you can give a better description to the guys of Turkey Point. I'll get the details for camping.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
OK, its roughly 200 acres of legal riding. You do need an offroad plate and insurance. The cops do a blitz a few times in the spring and give out tickets with no exceptions.
Its sandy loam and all sand in some areas. Perfect riding always and no mud, even if it rained the night before. Lots of woops, a couple of short, but steep hill climbs, straightaways and tight woods trails. A bit of everything.
I have no idea how many miles of trails but you can ride flat out for a full day and probably not see the same trail twice. Lots of intersections in the trails where you have to be very careful of other riders.
There's also another riding area about six miles away called St. Williams Forest. It run by the same park department, but its mainly tight woods trails; not as much fun.

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
ok I can go either the weekend of the 2nd, 9th, 16th, or 30th in August. Lets get a date set which is good for all.:)

Last edited:

Canadian-KDX

Nov 11, 2001
okay im in....but first things first....i need to get a new bike i sold my kdx last 2 weekends ago at the barrie flee market and need to get new wheels and a plate on it. Also does anyone know how far that would be from Aurora, Newmarket Or Richmond Hill area?

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Papa - Better not plan anything until you make it out of the woods at Catraland! :eek:

mackay

Jan 7, 2002
FLYIN_KAW or Peer Lovell Could you fill me in on the plate thing....where and how do you get them...is it just a "registered offroad machine" type of thing or do you require a street plate?? Will One from another province suffice or does it have to be an Ontario Plate

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
If its going to be in August and August is dry, It will be dusty. I recall riding at the Point with Peer and his jolly fellow riders.Being the slow poke I am I was at the rear of the pack all day and the dust can be over whelming at times. Peer know what I am saying. Seal up the air filter and oil it up like theres no tomorrow. But a dusty ride is better than no ride.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Here in Ontario its called an Off Road plate. However, a plate from any other Province or any State is hunky dory.
The chances of getting caught without a plate or insurance are extremely slim. I haven't seen the cops out this year at all anyway.

mackay

Jan 7, 2002
The sooner we pick a date the more time I have to start arranging for shift trades and all that other stuff...has the date been decided yet?? :think:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
KAW, I don't know what calendar you guys use up in Canada there, but all the dates you listed are FRIDAYs! ;)

How about the weekend of August 3rd and 4th?
Doesn't have to be both days.

Quoted by Peer Lovell:
There's also another riding area about six miles away called St. Williams Forest. It run by the same park department, but its mainly tight woods trails; not as much fun

Say WHAT? Sounds perfect to me! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom