Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
I bought the first version and loved it. Now I want more! Anyone know where I can get the extended version & the '03 season other than at www.nofearmx.com? They don't take AmEx, and that's my card of choice. TIA.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Off topic, but the reason many don't take AmEx is because they charge vendors a higher percentage rate to process the transactions.

You should seriously think about a Visa or Mastercard to go with your AmEx.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Try www.paypal.com to pay for it. Many options for payment.

BTW, I could never understand the advantage of using AMEX for personal purchases? What could be more convenient that VISA/MC, or even debit cards as they are now getting more popular?

B

biglou

I just ordered via phone from No Fear MX. Got both the special edition and the 2003 Great Outdoors coming. That said, having a credit card for online purchases or mailorder is pretty much a necessity these days. I'd say, get a Visa/MC and have your limit capped at $500-1000 or something. Use it only where you need to and pay it off every month. Or, as mentioned above, and probably the best idea, get a debit card for your checking acct. Use it like a credit card, money comes right out of your bank acct. :thumb:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I use AMEx when I travel, that's it. I prefer it for the above stated reasons...it forces you to pay it off, meaning, I'll turn my expense reports in right away. The $ 1000 cap doesn't work for extensive travelers...unless you buy one way bus tickets and stay under the bridge:)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Wife and I have only 1 credit card, and we share it. National City First Air. Every dollar you spend equates to a frequent flyer mile. After 20,000 accumulate, you can get a free airline ticket up to $500. There is a $25 processing fee to redeem. The bonus is that there are not any restrictions as far as blackout dates, and you can book through any airline. You basically call a First Air credit card travel agent.

We put *everything* on the CC that we can (monthly phone bills, insurance premiums, auto down payments, etc.). Rack up about $30K in charges every year. $19 annual fee. Redeemed 3 free tickets to Miami last month.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I wouldn't suggest using debit card for internet purchases, rental cars or hotels. There's a lot of reasons but basically once the charge is made the money is gone and if something is wrong you've got to fight to get YOUR money back, and we all know how much fun that would be.

At least with a CC its not your personal bank account that's getting wiped out if something goes wrong and you have the opportunity to straighten it out before you actually lose any money. As far as paypal goes, its awesome, I love it. But I've also read some horror stories. Check out paypalsucks.com . After reading some of this, which I'm not sure how much is true, we opened another account which we keep a minimal amount of money in to be linked to paypal for internet/ebay/whatever purchases. Just a little precaution to keep somebody's mistake or unscrupulous activity from draining our main account.

Just my $.02.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
I think a lot of people like it because it forces more self control than credit cards. :)

That is why I use it.

Evenslower is correct on the debit card. I use mine as little as possible and when buying online I only use my AMEX b/c it offers better protection.

Ivan

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
so is www.nofearmx.com the only place to get these dvds. or does anyone know of anywhere else? I've checked other places like Bobs, Rocky Mtn, etc. No one is offering both. Thanks.

B

biglou

My suggestion to get a Visa/MC and cap the limit was strictly for online/mailorder. Keep you Amex for everything you use it for now.

Psalm-I ordered mine from No Fear. btw-free shipping this week on those, the 03 is pre-order only, free shipping extends to when it ships, though (couple weeks, tops, I'm told).

Top Bottom