Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I also received a copy of The Great Outdoors II from my riding buddy. He's got the original, and he got me the 2nd. The music soundtrack is enjoyable for all ages. I few key points I thought they left out were Ando's suprise 125 win at Southwick and Brownie and Hughes big crash. Good comentary, and excellent camera angles. It's 73min long, and no "extras". But like the original, there will be a Great Outdoors II Specail Edition released in a month or two. So some of you might want to wait for the S.E., with more footage that got left out. But I'd recommend it, just like Okie did.

B

biglou

There was a review over on TWMX (I think) and they also said a special edition would be coming with "the crash" and all the other stuff they missed.

I have a question about the first one and the special edition: When I first bought the special edition (I don't have the original), I thought it was the original plus another 100 minutes of new footage. I'm guessing that both disks are completely different, is that right? In other words, I prolly need to get the first one to go along with the s.e., right?

Ooh, and my 2003 just got here today, too. I'll add my review after I watch it. :thumb:

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Lou, the Special Edition is everything the original is, plus the extra 100 min of footage. I don't think your missing anything. Then again I've been wrong before. I haven't seen the Special Edition, only the original.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I've been told that the special edition is all new footage and doesn't contain anything that the orginal did. They are two completely different films.

vwwww

Aug 21, 2001
The Great Outdoors "1st one" and The Great Outdoors Special Edition "1st one" are not the same, they do not share anything, Can't wait too watch this new one. Best MX films by far. IMO.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Does that mean the interviews are different too? Sorry I'm pretty thick! I really enjoyed the SE and if the original is completely different I would think it would be worth the purchase!

B

biglou

That's what I was thinking Boomer. I was expecting about 200 minutes total for the SE, but it was 100 minutes total. ie: "100 minutes of all new material", but not the original. I'd pay for more footage for sure, these vids rock! :thumb:

Top Bottom