Wis

Feb 3, 2001
:) Hello, I have fitted a FMF torque pipe, Power Core 2 muffler, thrown the air box lid and had the carby rejetted. I now need to look at sorting the front end out, it seems very soft now the bike is going so scary fast.
By the way, if anyone over here has a 2000 kdx200 and wants to fit a power core muffler, we have to modify the rear indicators. I have come up with an easy mod that looks great. If anyone needs to know more just drop me a line on email.
Thanks Grinch, Wis.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Hi Wis,

Well It sounds like you've already gone a lot further than I have with modifying your KDX powerwise.

Re: the front end - from what I've heard others say the fork springs are to soft, and they recommend throwing in thicker ones.

Cheers

Wis

Feb 3, 2001
Save up for that pipe!

Hey Grinch,
save up for that pipe and muffler, you won't believe the difference it makes. I fall off heaps more now:scream: It's great!
Wis

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I agree ;)

The pipe makes a huge difference, both power & weight.

As for the fork springs, if you weigh about 50-55kg, you're fine (especially if you're a pathetic slow rider like me). The bike's unbalanced stock, I've put on a 4.4kg shock spring which works like a charm with the stock fork springs, but suspension's too soft for my husband who weighs about 70kg & is a much better rider (isn't everyone).

Wis, hope your fall offs have soft landings ;) hehe
Michelle
(over the ditch)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom