SilverBurr

Jun 17, 2006
Did anybody see that portly dude wearing jeans and construction boots riding the Husqvarna at Muenster. Well if you did, that was me.

Have some gear, but left it at my weekend place where I normally ride. I guess I'll be bringing it home, cause Red River Trails is by far the best riding trails I have ever seen.

The highlight of the whole trip was seeing a group of 5-6 guys riding the back trails and they were good, but I was able to keep up, damn I have arm pump in both arms just hanging on for the ride, I lost track of the guys on a big hill climb, they were sitting there debating on who's gonna attack it first, so I said screw it and went first, barley made it and never looked back. Thats when I got lost riding the trails and back paths, I'm talking lost for 45 mins and finally saw a creek, which fed out into the Red River. From there I found my way back to the main area.

I need some riding partners, this whole solo riding and getting lost was no fun.

I'm probably gonna leave the Husqvarna behind and take my RM-250, it would have worked better in those tight technical trails.

So when is the next group ride? Where do you guys park?

:ride:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Never saw you there, maybe you saw me, I was the 'KTM fat dude at Muenster'. :whoa:

We generally park thru the second gate (after you pay your money, you get back on the paved road for a hundred feet). Generally our group is mostly orange bikes, with a scattering of green, red, blue, yellow. If you see me, come on over and say hi!. My truck is easy to spot, large gold F350 4x4 with 'Dirtrider.Net' plastered accross the front window. :nod:

Husky bikes welcomed, what color are they considered? White?

SilverBurr

Jun 17, 2006
Grady said:
Never saw you there, maybe you saw me, I was the 'KTM fat dude at Muenster'. :whoa:

We generally park thru the second gate (after you pay your money, you get back on the paved road for a hundred feet). Generally our group is mostly orange bikes, with a scattering of green, red, blue, yellow. If you see me, come on over and say hi!. My truck is easy to spot, large gold F350 4x4 with 'Dirtrider.Net' plastered accross the front window. :nod:

My husky is yellow and blue, but will prolly leave that one behind in favor of the yellow rm-250, those wide spaced gears almost failed me on a few hill climbs. I'll be on the look out for you. I drive a Red 4 door Duramax chevy, will probably bring my camper if staying overnight, also a good place for my wife and kids to stay and keep them occupied.

I have Dec. 26(tue) & 27(wed) off of work, was thinking about camping out and riding.

Andy

PS, was it normal for all those crazy quad riders out there, how many of them have been killed or mamed?

Last edited:

TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
yea, that's normal for that sandy pit area, if that's where you are talking about. Welome to the N.T.S.P. and I agree, Muenster/Red River is one of my favortie places to ride, everyone I have met up there has been really nice, fun to ride with and almost all of them post in this forum too.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Grady said:

Glad to here that Husky bikes are welcome . Because I'm back on one . I bought a new 06 wr 250 . Its yellow and blue . Still have my white ktm . Got it out of the shop today . Its been missed up since we rode last . Nothing you did . I didn't understand what all they did to it but its running . :cool:

SilverBurr

Jun 17, 2006
cdcracing said:
Glad to here that Husky bikes are welcome . Because I'm back on one . I bought a new 06 wr 250 . Its yellow and blue . Still have my white ktm . Got it out of the shop today . Its been missed up since we rode last . Nothing you did . I didn't understand what all they did to it but its running . :cool:

Thats exactly what I have, it's an amazing bike. If you figure out how to remove the trottle restricter, let me know. I was going to attempt it myself, but my wife said I would probably ruin the bike, she knows me very well.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
I think you are talking about the black tube that is in the spring in the carb . I got it all torn down trying to get it jetted . Haven't took it out yet but I'm going to I'll let you know . Calling Halls Husqvarna tomorrow to order a fmf pipe , flywheel weight , and some jets trying to get it running right . I'll let you know how it goes .

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Hey Grady dont forget the lone black and white Honda that shows up every now and then. I forget his name but he always has fun.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
tx246 said:
Hey Grady dont forget the lone black and white Honda that shows up every now and then. I forget his name but he always has fun.

Hey now, I am not knocking non-orange bikes, I rode green/yellow/red for MANY years, I was just describing what most of the smart fellers ride now! :nener:

Top Bottom