EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
THE INDY MOTORCYCLE SHOW

The annual Indy Motorcycle show features the biggest collection of new products from the motorcycle industry. Last year DRN featured pictures of 60 new products, more than any motorcycle magazine and with the quickest response posting the pictures the same weekend as the show.

This year Okiewan, Rich and I will cruise the show looking for new or existing products and talk to the people who make them. We’re planning on providing you guys with two selections of photo images. Okie and Rich will take pictures with digital cameras so we can post them quickly on DRN. I’ll use my Cannon film camera to produce a selection of high resolution pictures that you can download and print or use as wallpaper.

We’ll use the digital pictures on DRN as a basis for discussions and examinations in the forums. Now if you guys have some particular products or bikes that you want us to look for, let us know by posting in this thread and we’ll use it like a shopping list.

Thanks, Eric

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
When is that show anyway? Can everyday people go, or do you have to be a motorcycle business man? Just wondering.

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
restrictions

you have to be a dealer or business man i have been there before and i suggest picturesof the LBZ booth and there guests hint: LBZ girls! i have posters and they r cool i also liked some of the bike manufactures like cannondale i was two years ago so it has probably unfortunately i can't make it this year (polaris convention)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by pursang262
Yes, please, any info on KTM's 950 V-twin.

Count on that :)

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Hey Rich,and Eric-

I hope you guys get to shoot some bull by Mike and Will at the KMPI booth.
Wills old man works with hima again and used to build autorace motors when they used preunit triumphs. He was the only white man allowed into the Japenese pits, I think he might be there and he is an interesting guy.
I see serdi makes a smaller valve seat machine than the millenium. It has an open spindle, I would like to here how it works. If you bring a head in they will cut your seats for free(hint, hint)
I would also like to hear about the new idl valve facers for 3.5mm stem valves. How much, and how do they work?
Again if you bring samples in you can get it done for free.
I heard that they sperated hd from the show- bummer- I always thought the hd loudmouths were the funniest...
Plus I loved the women in the chopper booths...:eek:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Bill - We'll be sure to track down the Kibblewhite guys so we can introduce ourselves. I'll grab you a bunch of Serdi info as well.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Thanks Rich,

I'll be thinking of you guys having a good time.
Did you end up getting a serdi pro set-up?
I would like to see if there are some new valve facing machines that are designed specifically for the smaller valves we run, instead of a collet reducer orsome other add on for a 5/16" valve stem machine.
I also have been thinking about getting the serdi pro, but if they have a new machine with a lighter floating spindle(serdi) I would like you to get your hands on it and report back...
I'll tell the kmpi boys to keep an eye out for you.
Bill

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Bill, you can count on some nutty photos of biker chicks! I have a piston ready to ship for you but Cometic is way behind on gaskets. I called them yesterday about a big gasket order and the telerep just laughed and said "we're not even going to pick your order for another 2 weeks". When a multimillion dollar company is back-logged that far, suddenly I don't feel so bad.
It should be interesting to see the show. The dirt bike business is growing leaps and bounds, everybody is swamped with back-orders. Maybe someday the show promoters will tell the Harley guys to get their own show and let the dirt bike businesses HOG the main floor:cool:

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Will, of KMPI...

Said he just got back from Cincinati.
I said, "You mean Indy?"
He said, "No, the harley guys started their own show and split off from Indy."
Is this true?
I used to love hanging out at the Pat Kennedy booth, some long legged female would always pop up and tell me how good I looked sitting on that chopper. What a scam! (I loved it...):confused:

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Ohhh, Eric...

What did you think of that piston?
It ran wfo for at least a day like that.
It was really huffing as we pulled into Cabo.
I had to bump start it the last day because it didn't have any compression...
I swear I am not a butcher,,,:o

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
How about any info you can find on KTM's rumored new 250 RFS motor. I heard reverse cylinder and some other stuff. Last years coverage was great, can't wait for this years.

HONDAENDURO

~SPONSOR~
Jan 28, 2002
Re: restrictions

Originally posted by JUSTRIDE415
you have to be a dealer or business man i have been there before and i suggest picturesof the LBZ booth and there guests hint: LBZ girls! i have posters and they r cool i also liked some of the bike manufactures like cannondale i was two years ago so it has probably unfortunately i can't make it this year (polaris convention)

Who would one (small motorcycle parts dealer) contact about getting a pass to the Indy show?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I'll try and find the address for the site so you can register.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Just one more thing...

I just talked to revloc, Doug said he would be there with his clutches.
Would y'all check 'em out?
Thanks guys, Bill.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We're back from Indy. Okie and I have a bunch of digital pictures we'll be uploading to the Indy 2002 gallery over the next few days. Eric Gorr took a bunch of great film pictures that we'll scan and have posted sometime this week.

Lots of cool stuff like an EFI YZ250F from Optimum, a brutally trick TM400 Super Motard prototype. the introduction of the trick new "Hot Cams" billet cams for late model thumpers, an impressive redesign from Cannondale, some trick new stuff from Wiseco and Boyesen and lots more. As usual High Torque and the rest of the print mags will be a day late and a dollar short on coverage.

Click here to go to the Indy 2002 Dealer Show photos.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I just added a bunch of new pics to the Indy 2002 gallery for anyone who is interested.

Top Bottom